cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New instance (what do i have to change to run scripts into other server).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys ...

i'm new on SAP and i'd like to know the following.

Now a days we have an instance named ABC (user id on unix "abcadm") this is installed into a unix server named "patito1", from this instance (ABC) there are jobs created to run scripts which are located into the same server (patito1).

this instance is going to be migrated with other name "XYZ" and to other server named "gatito1" but the scripts are going to be located still into patito1 server.

From the new instance "XYZ" are going to be created jobs to run the scripts located into the server patito1.

I know where are configured the jobs, i have to put target name of the new instance, right? " (before patito1_ABC_02 -- now gatito1_XYZ_02) ... and also i have to configure the same ip address for the server "patito1".

I'd like to know WHAT OTHER THINGS i have to change, please let me know.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be fine and will work.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but ...

if the server where are located into other server, do i have to change the target server? or,do i have to left the same as usual to reach the server where are located the scripts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you try to leave as it is , if it does n't work then change it. We can't really guarantee beacuse some scripts can run on target server with out problem but some may not.

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i was not clear ...

before:

server: patito

instance ABC

server where are the scripts living: patito

instance was installed into the the server patito

target for reach the scripts: patito_ABC_01

now:

server gatito

instance XYZ (before ABC, changed instance name)

server where are the scripts : patito

what is the target for reaching the scripts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Is ABC(host patito) is going to be in net work? are you going to create any RFC bet ween ABC and XYZ ? If it's yes then your target will be old one(patito_ABC_01).

If it's no your target will be patito_XYZ_XX (XX is instance no.). Make sure you copy all the scripts to XYZ and modify the target server. I hope this will clear your dought :).

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (0)