cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use same Dev Client Copy transports to create multiple QA clients?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to create three new QA clients from the SAME Dev Client see below:

D01/200 ---> Q01/200

D01/200 ---> Q01/210

D01/200 ---> Q01/220

Where D01 is the Development System and Q01 is the QA System.

I plan to use Client Export and Import (SCC8 & SCC7).

I have already successfully created the KT* and KX* transports from D01/200... where I logged into the D01/200 Client, ran SCC8 and specified the target client as Q01/200.

My question is this. Can I use the same KT* and KX* transports (just created for Q01/200) to also directly import into Q01/210 and Q01/220, or do I have to go back in the D01/200 client run SCC8 again and specify a new target client of Q01/210 and Q01/220 respectively?... ie basically can I re-use the same Client Export transports to create all three of the new QA Clients?

Hope you understand my query!

Regards

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharon,

Go ahead and reuse the same transport to create all three QA clients.

The purpose of the client export / import is for such senarios

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Filip, Hari, Ammey... inyour opinion which would be quicker to re-use the tranport for all three Q01 clients or to do a local copy from Q01/200 into Q01/210 and Q01/220?

I just thought that doing a client import would be faster than doing a local client copy? (assuming we can re-use the KT* and KX* transports that is)... but would like to know what you guys think from your experience?

Thanks

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Local will be faster.

Point's will talk more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will be much easier to use SCCL and copy Q01/200 to Q01/210, Q01/220.

Regards,

Filip Stankowski

http://www.icg.pl/sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

You don't need to create/import new client every time, here is some link which explined very clearlyabout Export/Import of client.

But i still recomend you to use remote client copy. Further you can follow Fillip idea as well, Import it once and follow local copy.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome