cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Over text for key figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our business users are requesting us to apply the "Roll Over Text" to the APO/DP Key Figures. Currently the text pop-up displays only the key figure name when you keep the curser on it. We would like to have pop-up text with 40 character values when the curser keeps on the keyfigure in the Interactive Planning Book.

We have more than 60 keyfigure in each planning book (total around 200 Keyfigures) and most of the key figure names are looks similar, to avoid confusion we would like to maintain the 40 character note should display when some body would like to know about the keyfigure.

Is there any possibility to maintain the rollover text in Planning Area or Planning Book or any where else ? Is there any performance issues if we design in this way ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a macro function ROW_TOOLTIP() Or if you can tooltip for each cell then CELL_TOOLTIP()

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibu,

Can you provide some more inputs, how this macro works and what is the logic behind this ? As I never used the tooltip functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write a macro which can run on start.

Row: Forecast ( Attributes ) = ROW_TOOLTIP( 'Forecast Constrained Plan' ) .

In this case, the Row Forecast will have tool tip "Forecast Constrained Plan"

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shibu,

Thanks for the information and it is working fine with the macro functionality.

My concern is, we have more than 60 key figures in each planning book and total around 200 KF. I am thinking about the performance perspective to run huge data to rollover for all keyfigures in start macro. Advice if you know any user exits or BADIs to cope up with this functionality.

Thanks,

Phillip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried using the text formats in KF attribute tab in the planning book. You can give it any Free text or use the Long text of the KF there. The KF also gets a long name but if you use some kind of logic you can shorten what you see on screen by using the width and on keeping the curson there the full description would show

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thanks for your reply. This was my first option I look into. If we choose this option, keyfigure is getting long name and not possible to build any logic to shorten the name. In Keyfigure attribute tab shortname is automatically coming from Planning Area keyfigure definitions. Is there any authorization object to open the long and short fields as in my present planning books these are greyout fields.