cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have some dubts about block of users, if i block the user all his jobs will be running or will be stoped until the user was unbloked ? And if there are interfaces that go to the R/3 by RFC's will be blocked too or could go away ?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards.

Reynaldo Rebolledo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you lock a user , then the jobs running under this user ( locked user as step user ) will fail.

For rfc connection , you have to go one by one to disable it ..

If you dont mind pls let us know what is your requirement is ,

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince

Yes, the idea is to block all users, jobs and RFC conections to our R/3 because the functional people wants to make some changes and then the users con go to work.

Thanks for the help

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reynaldo,

Any jobs scheduled / run for locked users and expired users will fail. The general practise for RFC communication is to create users of type 'communication' or 'system' to do the tasks, as they don't expire and their password does not expire.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisch

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reynaldo,

In trx SU01 ('Logon data' - User Type) you will see the type of user you want to block. If your user has the dialog mode and you lock this user then he wont be able to login (dialog) to the system anymore, but if he has jobs or processes running in the systems these wont be afected by the lock.

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessicab

Thanks for the infromation, we found that we can use two programs BTCTRNS1 and BTCTRNS2 to lock the jobs or the other option is to go SM37 and change the released to scheduled jobs to stop them, but not tested yet.

I we need to stop the interfases that goes to the R/3 too, this are by RFC's. Do you know some for that ?.

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I got your point, so you need to stop or block certain processes like jobs or program interface right?

If your interfaces work with RFC you could disable those RFC connections in trx SM59... Check in this trx what kind of RFC connections your interface is using (probably internal or tcp/ip connections) and change the settings to disable them temporarily. Afterwards you can change them back and do test to make them work again.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessicab

Shoud i have to disable temporarily one by one, or could be done all them ?

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, the jobs of a locked user get automatically cancelled. I apologize for the confusion.

And as Prince says, in SM59 you must do it one by one.

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessicab

Do not worry and thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo