cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning design and Manufacturing in SNP heuristic

Vaidhya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We want to SNP plan the 'Design' and 'Manufacturing' processes to determine the start dates and capacity requirements for these processes. We are using SNP heuristic for planning.

We have modeled Design and Manufacturing in separate locations. We have an issue with modeling

For example the demand for SKU1 is 10,000 and SKU2 is 5,000

- Manufacturing Capacity is driven by the total quantity i.e. 15,000 (10,000 + 5000)

- Design Capacity is driven by number of SKUs i.e. 2 (SKU1 and SKU2). The quantity that drives manufacturing can change, but design is affected only by the number of SKU that should be designed

How can we model this in SNP?

A Dependant demand from manufacturing will be a function of the quantity and not a function of # SKU. Since the quantity varies by period, we can't maintain a ratio of quantity to # SKU also.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Have you considered using 1 in the fixed bucket consumption for the design mode, which will make it lot size independent?

rgards, M

Vaidhya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion.

The number of SKU / number of designs to be done in a APO Product is variable and hence we couldn't use a fixed rate consumption of 1. (We are planning at an aggregate level and number of new SKU in an APO product is variable)

Your suggestion is in the right direction (using a fixed bucket consumption), but we need 'different' fixed consumption for different products and it varies by period too!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V.

I am probably missing something but it does not have to be 1 for every APO product. If an APO product covers 3 SKU's then it can be 3. Not sure what you mean when you say it has to be variable by period. Does the number of SKU's per APO product change over time?

Alternatively could a secondary resource for the design with a lot size independent consumption be used?

rgds, M

Vaidhya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are planning at an aggregated level (hundreds of SKU in an APO product). The number of SKUs in an APO product change over time. The product mix changes frequently and new SKU add / replace exisitng SKU.

But only the number of new SKU is relevant for design and manufacturing is driven by the total volume (of both old and new SKU).

I am currently thinking of an enhancement which will calculate the ratio of (volume / new SKU) per period and use it in the PPM. Is there a better way to model this contraint?

Answers (0)