cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing tables; trying to r3load -merge_bck to complete; not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey again all,

I would be able to start my weekend in great fashion if this Solution Manager 4.0 installation would finish. I completed the SCS and Database instance installation and started the Central instance installation (Redhat EL5/Oracle 10g/64-bit) before encounting an error when it went to start the instance. The r3trans errors could not connect to the database (and I did confirm it was running).

I followed note 400241 to check the connect to the database and I was able to login as OPS$<os user>. But I was not able to see the SAPUSER table. Then when I viewed all user table (select table_name,owner from all_tables) that table was not visible nor were any tables belonging to the SAP<SMD> user. This tells me the database load did not finish.

I found note 454368 that indicated R3load probably did not finish. In fact when I look in my sapinst_instdir/.../DB directory I see the file DDLORA.TPL.bck that indicates to me the load did not finish. As per note 455195 I tried to restart R3load with the -merge_bck option. However that failed with the following output:

> R3load -merge_bck

sapparam: sapargv( argc, argv) has not been called.

sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Segmentation fault

I understand the SAPSYSTEMNAME error can just be ignored on unix systems (note 32785) but I cannot determine what is causing the segmantation fault.

So...first of all, can someone help be find out why the database load did not complete, and secondly what do I need to do to complete it?

Thanks.

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The syntax of the command could be different. You can locate original R3Load command without -merge_bck option in sapinst_dev.log file. Also update your R3Load and DBSL files to latest patch level in some cases resolved the problem.

Thanks,

George

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are missing something:

The -merge_bck is the option you need to use TOGETHER will the other options, check any package logfile (e. g. SAPAPPL0.log) for the complete syntax.

I suggest though to restart the installation if you don´t know what you are doing here.

I would change keydb.xml for all packages that failed and add the -merge_bck option to each of those packages...

--

Markus