cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between SAP ERP versiu00F3n and SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of ERP it's necessary for an integration with a future Netweaver that we must buy this or next year?

At the moment we have the ERP 4.7 but we're looking for 6.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

I'm not exactly sure of your question but I'll try add some information.

With SAP ERP you have the underlying "embedded" SAP NetWeaver within the SAP ERP system. There is minimum amount of SAP NetWeaver that must be activated in order to run an SAP ERP system. Potentially almost all of SAP NetWeaver can be activated within the SAP ERP system.

There is a 1:1 relationship between the SAP ERP and embedded SAP NetWeaver release. For SAP ERP 6.0 (previously called 2005), the embedded SAP NetWeaver release is 7.0 (previously called 2004s).

Another SAP NetWeaver deployment option is to also have SAP NetWeaver standalone installations creating new systems to serve certain needs like Business Intelligence, messaging, Enterprise portal, Java development, etc. These standalone systems can be potentially be on any supported SAP NetWeaver release (2004, 7.0, etc). I say 'potentially' as you have to consider any interdependencies with SAP ERP functionality you wish to deploy. Typically these Standalone SAP NetWeaver systems can be on an equal or higher release than the SAP ERP's underlying/embedded SAP NetWeaver release. The information on any interdependencies can be found in the SAP ERP master guide (http://service.sap.com/instguides).

For information on what is included with your SAP ERP license I suggest you contact your SAP Account Executive.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Answers (0)