cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING not detected by CEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure 'Availability Monitoring' in CEN. I installed CCMSPING on the CEN host. The installation completed successfully with 'Exit with Return Code 0" message. I see the CCMSPING.00 service registered on the CEN host. Also, I see the CCMSPING.<host>.00 RFC created. As suggested in another threat by DIMITRY, I also restarted the instance after installing CCMSPING. But, I don't see any symptoms of CCMSPING being detected by CEN.

1. I don't see CCMSPING listed under RZ21 --> Display Topology --> CCMS Agents --> Agents for SAP System CEN.

2. I don't see the 'Availability Monitoring' node under RZ20 --> Technical Experts Monitor.

3. When I create a system under RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Availability Monitoring --> Configure CCMSPING Availability Mon., I get the error message "Neither instance nor logon group found system:<SID>".

Can someone point out where could I have gone wrong or what should I do to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/888284">note 888284</a>?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thank you for the prompt response but, I found out this note and implemented immediately after I posted this question.Now, I am seeing the CCMSPING in the RZ20 Expert technical monitor. But, I don't see it under the RZ21 under self monitoring agents. Also, I am not able to create a system under Configure CCMSPING availability monitoring under RZ21 'Technical Infrastructure' menu. Can you tell me how to add a system to the system group after creating them under RZ21 --> Tech. Infrastructure --> Availability Monitoring --> Configure CCMSPING availability monitoring ?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

was the instance once restarted (or alternatively: was the monitoring segment reset once into warmup status)? This is necessary after registering the ccmsping agent with -push option the first time. Otherwise the availability monitoring will not recognize the 'pushing' ccmsping. The agent is recognized successfully if you can find the MTE "CCMSPING Technology Enabling" with status "CCMSPING active reporting in operation" in SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors - CCMS Selfmonitoring - <SID> - CCMS_Selfmonitoring - Availability Monitoring.

btw, it is correct that you don't find ccmsping in the topology of rz21. It is still not listed here (maybe this will changed sometime).

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael. If the RZ20 expert monitor shows the CCMSPING Technology Enabling as active and if that proves the successful detection of CCMSPING, then it works for me. But, I also have another problem with the 'Instance Availability Monitoring' in transaction 'Solution_Manager' --> Operation Setup --> Setup System Monitoring.

Once again thank you for helping me with CCMSPING.

Answers (0)