cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BILLING run times / lead times SDBILLDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm searching for some real data about run times for SD billing. I need this for comparison with our measured times.

I need: (roughly)

- number of invoices

- processing times

- only SDBILLDL or incl. printing?

- Number of billing lines (complexity)

- SAP version

Additionaly. Has any one experience with processing times for convertion of OTF to PDF?

Thanks.

Regards

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a tough question !!

the rule of thumb says that during a billing run in a standard system (no user exits) these are the times:

1 second for each header

1/2 (half) second for each item

The bottleneck during the billing process is the release to accounting since the FI number ranges cannot be buffered to grant a numering without 'holes'.

The other one is, of course, printing.

So a good idea is to break the process in 3 distinct phases:

1) batch invoice creation using VF06 parallelized (best if among more than 1 application server)

2) batch release to accounting (look for a OSS note that explains how to process VFX3 in background)

3) bacth printing using program RSNAST00 or VF31. Even here you can parallelize the jobs if... you have enough printers and system resources (memory...) since the printing process is generally resource consuming.

These hints are definitly release indipendent, of course the system memory/CPU features can influence the runtimes of batch processes (you can set more processes in parallel) but the runtime needed to create a singol invoice still remains quite the same.

Some hints if you have userexit and pricing formulas:

have a deep revision on the source code to optimize it, expecially table accesses. If you use Z (custom) tables see if it is possible to bufferize them.

remove the comments from programs, this speeds up the execution.

Best regards

Roberto Mazzali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto,

Our customer has FICA and I noticed some custom events that should be buffered. Also configuration of order lines takes quite a lot of time. Our basis quy has reoganized the involved tables, which helped a bit. I continue looking at it.

We will be diving into parallel processing, but we have depended steps, so it will be difficult to get it all working the way we want to.

I have some others times received from other sources which I want to share to anyone who needs these.

SAPMV60S, 38.000 invoices, took almost 8 hours

SDBILLDL, 7000 invoices, took 1,6 - 3 hours

SDBILLDL, 1400 invoices, took 30 - 45 minutes

So, if you want to process over 40.000 invoices, you almost always need to use parallel processing.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Processing invoices by SDBILLDL takes at least 8 hours for 40.000 invoices. Analyse the job to find out bottle necks, esspecially in exits/events. Think about parallel processing a.s.a.p.