cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody! Some simple questions about RFC, please help me:

1) Should I have configured <b>only one</b> RFC Destination (type TCP/IP) from ECC to XI, that all ABAP programms would use on a CALL FUNCTION statement?

2) Could I have configured only one RFC Sender Channel as well as only one RFC Receiver Channel for all the interfaces? If that is the case, what about the parameter "Initial Connections" ? If it's value is "1", I can't do two RFC calls at the same time, can I?

Thanks

Julio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hello Everybody! Some simple questions about RFC,

> please help me:

>

> 1) Should I have configured <b>only one</b> RFC

> Destination (type TCP/IP) from ECC to XI, that all

> ABAP programms would use on a CALL FUNCTION

> statement?

One RFC destination is enough

> 2) Could I have configured only one RFC Sender

> Channel as well as only one RFC Receiver Channel for

> all the interfaces? If that is the case, what about

> the parameter "Initial Connections" ? If it's value

> is "1", I can't do two RFC calls at the same time,

> can I?

>

One Sender and Receiver Channel is enough. Keep in mind that you need to create a sender agreement for each interface.

With "Initial Connections" value 1, you can also make two RFC calls at the same time. The maximum RFC calls is restricted by "Maximum Connections"

Regards,

Hui

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first question --> If you are sending data from ECC to XI only one RFC Destination (TCP/IP) type is needed from ECC to XI at ECC System.

If you are sending data from XI to ECC, one other RFC Destination is needed from XI to ECC at XI System.

For your second question --> There is no need to create communication channel when RFC or IDOC is sender.

For RFC receiver, you have to create one RFC Receiver Communication channel, if you are posting data from XI to ECC.

Sandeep Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Julio,

1) Should I have configured only one RFC Destination (type TCP/IP) from ECC to XI, that all ABAP programms would use on a CALL FUNCTION statement?

Are you calling a function which is base on XI ABAP Stack?

If you are calling Function Module on R/3 side from XI -ABAP then you need to configure RFC destination on XI to ECC.

Nilesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hello Everybody! Some simple questions about RFC,

> please help me:

>

> 1) Should I have configured <b>only one</b> RFC

> Destination (type TCP/IP) from ECC to XI, that all

> ABAP programms would use on a CALL FUNCTION

> statement?

Yes. One should be sufficient.

>

> 2) Could I have configured only one RFC Sender

> Channel as well as only one RFC Receiver Channel for

> all the interfaces? If that is the case, what about

> the parameter "Initial Connections" ? If it's value

> is "1", I can't do two RFC calls at the same time,

> can I?

Yes, the same Sender and Receiver RFC adapters can be used for multiple calls and for different interfaces.

The RFC adapters ( both sender and receiver) contain the details for pulling the RFC metadata and so you can use one Sender and Receiver RFC adapter for multiple calls and multiple RFC's.

Regards

Bhavesh