Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI Experts i do have some mapping problems working on an interface:

pls help me in this issue :

A. I have status field at source if status is:30 or 40 below is the format to map to target field:

"1. Convert ""30"" -> ""Y003M0007""

2. Convert ""40"" -> ""Y003M0009""

3. Ignore the messages other than status 30 and 40"

B.Second one is :

If status is "40", convert and populate this value to KNOTE field, ( Please refer to the SAP points sheet for conversion detail ,this is one small document)

Could u direct me how to convert and populate 'status' value to KNOTE,pls?

Thanks &Regards

Shoukath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for 2nd simply use ifWithoutElse

compare the source with constant 40 then pass this value to KNOTE at target

1st Query

If you have limited values like u mentioned 30 & 40.. IF will also do .... otherwise you can go for fixValues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaik,

You can use fix values or standard functions if--else or UDF.

If>status>30>then>Y003M0007

else

>if>status>40>then-->Y003M0009(You use your second condition also here with an AND operation I am not sure of your question so just giving a suggestion)

else

Souce

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to write a UDF with all these mapping rules.

SAP KNOTE , you can identify the given mapping rules document or respective documents which they have provided.

we can handle any type of rule in UDF - (Advanced option if the source field is having multiple occurrences). Also remember to change the context of the field to its parent field before map to UDF.

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use standard function - Value mapping - Fix values to solve your first req.

I didn't understand your what 2nd req. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's nothing If the status(source field) is "40", convert and populate this value to KNOTE (target )field,

some values are there in my document which has been provided by functional team- i.e they given like ---Please refer to the SAP points sheet for conversion detail ,this is one small document)

that's all

is it possible to solve my first query with fix values or need to write any UDF ?,pls clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaik,

Then even if--else will work. For this please see my above reply.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have only 2 values 30 and 40 then you can do it without using Fixed values and just follow what Satish has said in his post.

Cheer's