cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Upgrade of R/3 4.7 Enterprise in Cluster Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a cluster setup with SAP R/3 Enterpirse 4.7 with MSSQL in windows 2003 server with node A and node B. Presently the system is running on Node B.

We also have two application servers (Dialog Instance).

Now I want to upgrade kernel of R/3 system. Please let me know what is the procedure for upgrading the kernel in cluster setup.

Appreciate quick response.

Regards

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have successfully upgraded the kernel patch from 640-43 to 640-201 for R/3 4.7 with cluster setup. Currently the system was in Node B.

The only problem which I faced after copying the files to run folder was that the system was not coming up. So we copied back the old kernel files and started the system and it was coming online.

Wen we anayzed the problem we came to know that after copying the latest kernel files the system was not coming up as some DLLs were missing. The Note 684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs solved the issue. Downloaded the files R3DLLINSTZIP which was given in the note and installed the files and after that my system came up with the latest kernel files.

Hope this will be helpfull for someone in futue.

Regards

Sharath Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to mention one point. Before installing the DLLs take the backup of the system and system32 folders of the system.

Cheers

Sharath Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I have few questions before I start from Kernel Upgrade to PI 7.1 on windows sqlserver 2005

1) I have CI installed on Local Drive C: Shared SAP Drive is G:

So when I do kernel upgrade where should I replace the exe's is it in Local C: Drive or Shared SAP Drive G: or Both?

2) Once I do the Kernel upgrade in CI, Do I need to do same in DI?

3) do we need to upgrade C:\windows\sapcluster directory?

Thanks In Advance

Anil Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The procedure is nearly the same a for a single server because with R/3 on MSCS cluster the SAP Kernel is on a cluster resource disk.

Just beware of the repertory c:\winnt\sapcluster which is to upgrade on both nodes.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the inputs and I will try it out.....

Cheers

Sharath