Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario Help - Problem in Return Flow from RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am new to the XI development. we are on XI 7.0PI. In one of our scenario

we are pulling some info. from Sql database & post some documents in SAP via RFC. in this case RFC returns me the Document No. & some status from SAP which i am suppose to update back the same table row from where i have fetched this information. But the problem is the RFC does not return the Key value which i need to update the SQL table back.

How can i solve this problem without using BPM. I cannot change the RFC since it is not in my hand. ( So that RFC can take the Key Field of SQL & return the same back which i can use in my reverse Mapping. )

Any Global container which can hold this data from Forward Map which i can use in Reverse Map to update this SQL table.??

Pl. Help... Waiting for the reply.

Regards,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

JDBC sender does not support QoS BE (synch opn). If you are using SP12 you can bridge at adapter level if not you need a BPM for this scenario.

With a BPM the scenario is a simple Asynch-Synch bridge. Lots of example blogs, articles available in SDN.

Without a BPM, Bhavesh has written a thread. Search for it.

@Sudheer and Umesh,

You dont need any Global container for this with or w/o BPM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai Shankar,

Thanks for the information. I would appreciate if you could please tell me how to populate the value which is not being sent by the receiver and being sent by the sender without using global container.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

From SAP Help,

This object enables you to cache the values that you want to read again when you next call any user-defined function in the <b>same message mapping</b>.

In this case, the mapping programs are different. So there is no way (to my knowledge) of using GC to solve this issue. If the issue has to be solved from XI, my soln would be opting for a lookup in request and response mapping. In request mapping store the keyfield value and in response mapping, retrieve the same. Ofcourse this is <b>not</b> a much recommended way by SAP.

A cleaner soln would be to develop a wrapper RFC (if the original RFC can not be changed) that returns the keyfield value along with the status.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am Confused... I dont want to use BPM. so have only one option of changing the RFC. But this also doesnt look like good option.

if u guys confimed that there is no other soulation then i will have to ask to change the RFC.

Waiitng for the soluation....

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>dont want to use BPM. so have only one option of changing the RFC. But this also doesnt look like good option

Read my previous reply. You have to bridge at adapter level.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I agree with you. there should be some soluation without BPM & RFC change.

Can u pl. explain me in detailed. what exactly i will have to do ?

if u can give step by step. At which Mapping i will have to take care of this?

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there is a global container available. Please check this link on how to use global container.

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/mapping1.htm

Also check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/75/8e0f8f3b0c2e4ea5f8d8f9faa9461a/content.htm

Regards,

Sudheer.

Message was edited by:

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sudheer ,

thanx for your Quick reply. but my problem is i have the required information in MAP1 which i called forward map, which i need to use in MAP2 which i called Reverse MAP. How can i do this since global container can work only in same map & not in the other map.

Pl. help me..

waiting for the reply

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one solution but i dont know if some one has a better solution than this. You can use a JDBC lookup to fetch the value from the same database again in a UDF in reverse map and use the value.

Regards,

Sudheer.