cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager : Type XML Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Import Manager and type I am using type as XML Schema.

The file name should be in XML format. Can anybody let me know how the

XML file format should be so that XML Schema recognizes it.

Actually,I have XML file generated from MDM_CLNT_EXTR.However,this file

is not recognised by type XML Schema and its throwing error saying "Error

Connecting to source".

Can anybody highlight me about this issue?

Regards,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM_CLNT_EXTR block size of 100 has solved this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear that Priti ... basically the problem is because the MARA/ KNA1 segment is not created & these segments get created the moment there is mnore than one record extracted.

Regards,

Anita

Message was edited by:

anita george

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Priti,

first of all, XML is not XML Schema. XML Schema is the definition of how an XML file is structured. It's like a document type definition (DTD).

So if you want to use XML Schema in Import Manager, you first have to upload an XML Schema file (you recognize these by the file extension *.xsd) into th MDM repository. You do this in Console while the rep is unloaded, consult the reference guide for assistance.

Then, you choose the uploaded XML schema from the import manager dialoge prior to selecting the actual XML source file you want to import. This XML source file has to use the schema you are using. Basically, on loading the data file (XML), the import manager validates this file against the selected XML Schema. You can check if the XML structure is valid using some XML editing software (try Oxygen XML editor (www.oxygenxml.com) for a start or some other tool of your choice).

Only if the XML source file containing your data can be validated against the chosen XML Schema, the import can be conducted.

Good luck and best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I carried out the steps as mentioned by you :

1) I have uploaded MATMAS.MATMAS05.xsd in the console (in XML Schemas)

2) But now I am getting some different error in import manager

a) Failed to parse XML file

b) Validate failed because the root element had no associated DTD/Schema

I have also installed MS XML Parser 4.0.

Please let me know whether I have missed out any step.

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Priti,

well, it seems as if your source file is not yet correct. Try to find a possibility to validate the XML file against the XML Schema file outside of MDM in order to find out what exactly is the problem. Nice XML software is published by Altova (altova.com) or Oxygen (oxygenxml.com). Try to find a trial version and start by generating an XML file from the schema. if ImportManager refuses to take this one, there's a different error. Else try to find the error in your original source XML.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Have encountered a similar error but with the Customer repository- in our scenario the issue was due to the fact that the IM was not able to find a KNA1 segment. To counter this if you extract more that one customer at a time a separate KNA1 segment is generated & IM succesfully.

Am not familiar with the MATMAS Idoc, but what you need to do is to ensure that your main segment is available for the IM to parse & map to the products table, for this try to extract two customers from MDM_CLNT_EXTR & then check if the files are processed succesfully.

Regards,

Anita