cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody suggest a free or shareware tool.

I want essentally to send a SOAP request as I am trying do the RFC to SOAP scenario. I also want to do/learn little bit of XSLT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

XML Spy is a good tool for posting the requests. Its a free ware. search in google for the download

For XSLT ref this

http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/default.asp

Regards,

Sreenivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can download freeware Altova XMl spy for sending SOAP requests.

It is a webservice client application and you can go through the weblog for sending SOAP requests.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are various tools, you can start of with XML Spy a free download.

Also for more ref:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7ccd3e4e-0501-0010-95ae-afa58cb4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually coming to think of it I don't think I need a XML tool since the request is going to be sent by RFC. Is that right? I am implementing the scenario based on the article written by you Vijay. Good article

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well in any case the tool can help u in many ways. First you can check if the WS is available or it is down. there are also many other uses.

Do ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonia,

exactly. If u have RFC->SOAP scenario, u don't need tool for SOAP. If u want to catch the outgoing SOAP call from XI, use some network listener and forward SOAP adapter URL to this one. I used for example netcat tool, ran it on my PC on port 80 (listening) and forwarded SOAP adapter to this. I could see then the message sent from XI. (of coursem if u have sync scenario, it won't work.. You need real working web service then...)

When u'll use SOAP->anything scenario, I can advice u soapUI tool. Free, just import XI interface's WSDL and u can send data to XI simulating real requests.

Peter