cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the 'standard values' in multiple modes of same PDS ( PPDS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have classified operations in master recipe and am able to transfer multiple modes in same PPDS PDS. But all these modes are having same production rate as primary mode.

Is there any way to change the production rates/ standard values in the modes of the same PDS? Where should different standard values be defined in MAster Recipe in R3.

We have APO 5.0 and R3 4.6c

Regards

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati - I agree with Rohit that the standard values need to be maintained in the source which is the R3 recipe. The best way to isolate and differentiate between resource capacity is for them to have their own mode in a PDS. If you are seeing resources with their own modes then the mode duration is maintained within the recipe phase standard values.

If you have a single phase with a resource that hase multiple capacities then standard SAP only provides one mapping of standard values per phase. There is a note 748436 which explains how to map standard values and transfer secondary resources to APO. The note contains sample code but needs to be customized to each customer.

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

The solution seems good secondary resources. But does it work for alternate resources.

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

From your question I understand that you have classified operations to have alternate modes in PDS and I believe you did it by classifying resoruces and attached them to master recipe so have them as alternates. Now if you observe, the recipe remains same (where you maintain std values) only resources are different....so you get same std values in PDS.

To acheive different std values/production rates..in my opinion you need to have different group counters with different resources.

Regards,

Rohit