cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do after fixing a failed transport import?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing a Client import and the import of the KT* transport has failed with return code 8. The KX* transport went through fine however.

My question is this… after I have fixed the problem and I want to continue with the import of the KT, what do I have to do in STMS?... ie at the moment if I refresh the import queue for the QA system I no longer see the KT transport, but I do see the transport in the Import History queue where it has a status of failed. Do I have to re-add the KT* transport to the Import for QA and will it then re-start from the point it failed?... or do I need to do something else within STMS?

Thanks

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes try to re-add it, also check if any filter is set, because a failed request should also visible in the queue.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I'd like to give points to all but when I've tried to do that in the past the system doesn't allow me too.. ie I seem to only be able to assign say 6pnts (for very helpful) to two people at most and thats it???... maybe thats just how the point system works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharon,

Next time you don't wait till your problem is solved to award points, you award some points if you like the answer. Now you can award atleast 2 ponints each(if you like..).

Any how we are happy that your problem is solved. you can close the question if you like.

Cheers,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

please dont add the import request

check the buffer if the request exists

then do a test import

after that try to reimport the request using u mode 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

So if it starts from the beginning again will it not try to re-import data that it has already imported into the target client during the earlier attempt? (so causing duplicates???)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think is going to duplicate the data even though is going to make the load again the system will validate and avoid duplicated data. Just import it again, I remember did the same years ago since there were many errors in the transport importing a client. First check why it failed before and correct the error if possible.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Jessica is right, it's not going to duplicate but it's going to over write.

You better check why it's failed?, so that it won't fail next time.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

No there is no filter set, as I mentioned the tranport is visible only when I select the option Import History from the menu.

Anyway, if I add the transport back to the import queue, select it and click the import button, will it continue importing from the point it failed?... what exactly happens?

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon ,

It's going to import right from the start not from where it stopped.

Regards,

Hari.