cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to acquire non-MCOD master DVD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to acquire non-MCOD Master DVD for SAP-BW 3.5 installation on Linux 32 bit\Oracle 10.2 . Our guys gave us a list of DVD's to be used for BW 3.5 installation on Linux. We got a DVD "51032936_5--> Installation master 6.20/6.40 Linux on IA32 32 bit" .But when we start installation it says MCOD master DVD . There are no other DVD's in the list of service market place(for linux,kernel-6.4,oracle 10.2) which says Master DVD for non-MCOD .Pls let us know how to go for Non-MCOD DVD.

My second question is :

What to select for BW 3.5 installation ?

Shud i select NW 04 SR1 or BW 3.1and then upgrade it to BW 3.5 with patches .

Will I not get BW 3.5 DVD straight away.

Pls suggest.

Thanq u all.

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m not aware of any special CDs for MCOD/non-MCOD.

During the installation you´re asked (third or fourth question) whether you want to install the system onto a "first" database or into an already existing database.

Where do you see that "MCOD" label?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of the screens it said that we are going for MCOD installation,prior to tht it didnt ask us for MCOD or Non MCOD.

Can u put some light on the second question as well....like which one(we are going for BW 3.5) to go for NW04 SR1 or SAP BW 3.1.

Thanq

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of the screens it said that we are going for MCOD installation,prior to tht it didnt ask us for MCOD or Non MCOD.

Can u put some light on the second question as well....like which one(we are going for BW 3.5) to go for NW04 SR1 or SAP BW 3.1.

Thanq

Bob

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

the installation does not explicitly ask for MCOD before. It asks, if you want to install your new system

• in a new database (Non-MCOD)

• in an already existing database (MCOD)

Do you already have a SAP system database, in which you install your new one? If not, select *Installation in a new database.

Regarding your second question, can you please explain what you mean with it? Why don't you install BW3.5 directly?

Thanks,

Hannes Kühnemund

SAP LinuxLab

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check again, I´ve never seen such installation CD/DVD... you may choose if you want to use MCOD or not.

For a BW 3.5 you install a NW04SR1 ABAP instance and add the BI_CONT_353 Addon via transaction SAINT after the installation. Check the Netweaver 04 Master Guide, the media you need for the installation is listed there.

--

Markus