Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding working in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am presently working in ABAP.

Now we are getting requirement in XI.

Work Scope: <b>info from SNP to XI converted to an ORDERS05 IDOC to SAP-R/3</b>.

Following are the other words they have used while sending mail for above requirement:

<b>The use of XI to create an ORDERS05 IDOC to send to SAP-R/3 system.

The source for the IDOC is out of APO.

The target for the IDOC is SAP-R/3 system.</b>

Complete requirement we are yet to get. We will get that after call with on-site guys.

Now i need to learn XI and work on above XI requirement.

Can anybody help what are the concepts i have to learn to be able to work on above requirement. This project will be started in next <b>3/4</b> days.

Before that i have to get accustomed to XI.

XI version we are going to work: <b>XI3.0</b>

Can anybody help in this regard.

Also provide me any material which will help me learn concepts required for working on above requirement.

Also please explain what is the above requirement is all about.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Deep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Welcome to Integration World .:)

To learn XI your self means help.sap.com is the best where you can find all the documentation and in SDN you can find out no.of threads about all of your doubts and all.

To accquire the knowldege on XI with in short span of time means you would require the training on this.

Any have start your learning from SLD,Design (IR),Configuration (ID) and Runtime (RWB). Check the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/84/e8763c997fda50e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

See the below weblogs and try to practice these scenarios

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

Cheers

Veera

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For your requirement you need a IDoc to File Scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep,

SNP to Xi...

seem to b that, 20 interfaces thing?CG?

regards,

Vishal

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

These blogs are good to learn XI.

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part I</a> By Sravya Talanki

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part 2</a> By Sravya Talanki

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part III</a> By Sravya Talanki

Your Scenario would be APO - XI - R3.

Here is a similar scenario integrating he MDM to R3 thru XI.

<a href="/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/27/mdm-xi-r3-integration Integration</a> By Bala

<a href="/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario Configuration for MDM Integration - Sample Scenario</a> By Harrison Holland

This scenario is about R3 to MDM via XI.

<a href="/people/balas.gorla/blog/2007/02/05/r3-xi-mdm-outbound-scenario (Outbound Scenario)</a> By Bala

Regards

San

there is a Way.