Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give Me BOM Tips

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru

My Name is Mohammed Renu.I From chennai, iam newly member in this forum,

I need your help to develop my sap sd career.

I have doubt with BOM, if any one knows give me the step and how to config.. the bom.

This is mail id mohammedrenu@yahoo.co.in

regards

Mohammed Renu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohammed Renu

I have send u the BOM Config. document to ur mail id.

BILL OF MATERIAL

The Material Ordered, Delivered and Billed consists of one or Several Components.

These components are called as Bill Of Materials

The Material Ordered by the Customer is referred as Main Item or Higher Level item. The Components are referred as Sub-items.

When we enter the Main-item in the Sales documents, the Components are automatically determined and this is called as expansion of Bill Of Materials.

In SD, we treat the processing of Boms in two ways.

Processing at Main-item.

Processing at the Sub-item

The Processing in both cases is controlled by the Item Categories and Schedule line Categories.

Step: 1

Prepare the Martial Master for all the Materials, which is main-item and Sub-item.

In the Material Master, the Item Category group of the Main-item is important.

We need to Maintain the item category group for the Main-items and sub-items as follows.

Scenario Main-Item Sub-Item

Processing at ERLA NORM

Main-item level

Processing at LUMF NORM

Sub-items

Item Category TAQ TAE

Schedule line CP CT

Category

Step: 2

Let us take Computer as a Bom. It has Varies parts like Mouse, keyboard, Motherboard, Ram, CPU.

Let us take Computer has the main-item, and sub-item as the rest.

Prepare Material Master. We have to Prepare Material Master for Main-item and Sub-items.

T-Code: MM01

First Prepare for Computer which is the Main-item.

In Sales: General/Plant. Maintain ERLA in the Item Category Group

Step: 3

Create Material Master for the Sub-item. That is for Keyboard, Mouse,

Motherboard, Ram & CPU.

In Sales: General/Plant. Maintain NORM in the Item Category Group

Step: 4

Create Material Bom.

T-Code: CS01

Step: 5

Create Condition Record.

T-Code: VK11

Maintain Pricing for only the Main-item

Step: 6

Create Sales Order

T-Code: VA01

But refer the document i have given u with screen shots.

Reward if it is useful to u.

Message was edited by:

narendran vajravelu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SIR I need screen shots of BOM

can u send me to

prakashlara@yahoo.com

sailaja_vadlamudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN .Read rules and rugulations of this forum , will be hlepful to find out the solutions soon .

<b>BOM</b>

CSMB Material BOM Browser

CS01 Create Material BOM

CS02 Change Material BOM

CS03 Display Material BOM

CS05 Change Material BOM Group

CS06 Display Material BOM Group

CS07 Allocate Material BOM to Plant

CS08 Change Material BOM - Plant Alloc.

CS09 Display Allocations to Plant

CS11 Display BOM Level by Level

CS12 Multilevel BOM

CS13 Summarized BOM

CS14 BOM Comparison

CS15 Single-Level Where-Used List

CS20 Mass Change: Initial Screen

CS21 Mass Material Change: Initial Screen

CS22 Mass Document Change: Initial Screen

CS23 Mass Class Change: Initial Screen

CS25 Archiving for BOMs

CS26 BOM deletion

CS27 Retrieval of BOMs

CS28 Archiving for BOMs

CS31 Create class BOM

CS32 Change class BOM

CS33 Display class BOM

CS40 Create Link to Configurable Material

CS41 Change Material Config. Allocation

Sail

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi

Refer below, Make a small search in forum before posting the question.Pls don't post email ids to share the information </b>

A bill of material (BOM) describes the different components that together create a product. A BOM for a bicycle, for example, consists of all the parts that make up the bicycle: the frame, the saddle, wheels, and so on.

Process Flow

When you enter the material number of a bill of materials that is relevant for sales order processing, the system displays the material that describes the whole bill of materials as a main item. The individual components are displayed as lower-level items.

There are two ways to process a bill of materials in Sales. Once you have entered a bill of material in a sales order, the system runs pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at:

- Main item level if the material is assembled, or

- Component level if the material is not assembled

The type of processing used by the system is determined by the item category group that you enter in the material master record for relevant materials.

Processing at Main Item Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter ERLA in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

Processing at Component Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter LUMF in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group.

There may be single level and multi level BOM search in sdn for details

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

search in the forum u will get more than what u have expected

<u></u>

CREATE A MAIN MATERIALEX: COMPUTER WITH ITEM GROUP AS "ERLA" OR "LUMF".

AND SUB MATERIALS LIKE CPU, MONITOR, PRINTER ETC. WITH ITEM GROUP AS "NORM"

THEN GOTO CS01 AND ENTER THE MAIN MATERIAL AND BOM USAGE AS SALES AND DISTRIBUTION.

THEN ENTER THE SUB MATERIALS EX. CPU,MONITOR,PRINTER ETC.

SAVE

maintain the material with item category group as "ERLA" or "LUMF"

then got0 CS01 and enter the components for the main material

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

A bill of material (BOM) describes the different components that together create a product. A BOM for a bicycle, for example, consists of all the parts that make up the bicycle: the frame, the saddle, wheels, and so on.

Process Flow

When you enter the material number of a bill of materials that is relevant for sales order processing, the system displays the material that describes the whole bill of materials as a main item. The individual components are displayed as lower-level items.

There are two ways to process a bill of materials in Sales. Once you have entered a bill of material in a sales order, the system runs pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at:

- Main item level if the material is assembled, or

- Component level if the material is not assembled

The type of processing used by the system is determined by the item category group that you enter in the material master record for relevant materials.

Processing at Main Item Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter ERLA in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

Processing at Component Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter LUMF in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group.

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL....

Regds

MM