cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP solution manager and AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

If I instal the central system installation of Solution manager, does it also install the AS Java.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

This is dependent on the version of Solution Manager you are installing. I assume this is Solution Manager 4, in which case this will be a double stack system of ABAP and JAVA. There is no other way to install Solution Manager 4, AS JAVA is required.

There is one exception, an upgraded SolutioN Manager system, say from SolMan 3.2 -> 4 will be an ABAP only system. However this is an incomplete system, as you cannot use Solution Manager diagnostics. We recommend that you install a Java Add in as part of the upgrade process.

Regarding EP, although Solution Manager is based on Netweaver there is no way to integrate EP into the same system.

Hopefully this is of help,

Regards,

David

Please reward with points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Its depen on your selection during instalation.

But by defaul yes, Java intance is selected.

Regards,

Fendi Suyanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fendi/Hari:

Thanks for your answer.

So it means if I install the Solution Manager, I dont need to install the Java seperately right. I should be able to work with the AS Java and deploy J2EE applications.

Hmm.. I did not know this. I installed the Solution Manager and then installaed the AS Java since I started with the AS java and it mentioned that I need the Solution Manager key

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

What about the Enterprise portal ? if I install the Solution Manager should I able to login to the irj/portal page.

With my installation of Solution Manager I'm not able to get to the irjportal page.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the portal isn't deployed to the Java AS during the Solution Manager install. It isn't required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

To install Enterprise Portal

- Install standalone Java then install EP

then try loggin with http://hostname:port/irj/potal

Thanks

Kalyan

Reward if answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,