Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T000 Settings and what can be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all...first time poster here.

I have a question concerning what can be changed via the IMG if the T000 is set for no changes in production. Would any changes made require a transport or could some client independent changes be executed and not logged if appropriate logging is not set?

I hope this is the right forum and I have searched a ton on google and can't seem to find the magic bullet to answer my question. Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

If client is set to "No Changes Allowed", then no customizing can be done. This is done in Production systems. You can transport the changes from Development system thought.

I hope this answer you question?

Regards,

Mad

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

If client is set to "No Changes Allowed", then no customizing can be done. This is done in Production systems. You can transport the changes from Development system thought.

I hope this answer you question?

Regards,

Mad

0 Kudos

Mad's aswer is generally correct. I would add some exceptions:

1. in some cases customizing tables can be in any case filled despite SCC4 settings (for example table TCURR, tx. OB08).

2. take a look at note 356483 (making customizing tables changeable into PROD), it allow to set tables cheangable even if customizing is closed.

3. In some systems (BI 7.0 for example) there's a dedicated option called "object changeability" giving the possibility to directly create BI objects (so...workbench) even if customizing is closed.

0 Kudos

OK...sorry...I reply to myself to correct a mistake in my previous answer: in fact as standard TCURR cannot be changed...and in fact I've applied the mentioned note