cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What course to take to master OO programming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm an older ABAP programmer who, for a number of reasons, was away from ABAP programming for about 4 years. Recently I came back to ABAP programming and I realize that there has been significant advances in SAP and in particular in the area of ABAP language. For example, last week and for the first time, I was given the task of debugging a problem which is related to the 'Front Office' component. However, when I dug into the problem I realized that the whole thing is very much of an OO material where there are talks of objects, containers, methods, etc.

So, here is my question: I have a good understanding of the basics of ABAP language, but I need to upgrade myself, and in particular, learn the OO stuff as is used in SAP. SO, what do you think is the best training course that I can take to get proficient in this area and quickly?

Your help and input is greatly appreciated.

Goharjou Ardavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gopi_narendra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed you can start looking at here, which is the best source of OO ABAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fc/eb3530358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Goharjou,

Its very good thqat u have a very good knowledge of basic abap, to upgrade urself u first need to know all about OO technology, ie objects, classes, various properties of OO like polymorphism, delegation and all that stuff, which u can get from a variuos OO books.

Once u r through that conceptually, then u can apply that OO knowledge to any language that is OO, like ABAP Objects, or java etc.

Because i myself is going through this change as i work in upgrade projects, where i have to convert, code from Basic abap to Abap objects, so what i found was SAP has just alligned ABAP to OO methodologies where the FM have become methods, FG have become classes....and so on and so forth.....

you can find a book on OO methodlogies from any near by book shop or u can google it on the net and find very good materials to read.

<b>So i suggest get a good knowledge of what OO is all about, learning ABAP Objects would be a breeze, keeping in mind u r well versed with ABAP.</b>

<b>Hope this is helpful to U....</b>