cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Configuration Doesn't List J2EE DC Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to debug the b2b 5.0 web application in Developer Studio. The web server is running locally on the same machine. I select Run --> Debug... Then on the "Web Object" tab, for "Enterprise Application Project" I click on "Browse..". However no projects are listed to select from. I should see the J2EE project.

I can debug J2EE projects that I create myself, but when the J2EE project is created from a DC, it won't show on the list.

Below is the info on the version of Studio I'm running:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

Version: 7.0.09

Build id: 200608262203

Thanks,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Roger,

you will need to have Enterprise Archive project as a target of degugging.

You cannot directly debug Web Application project

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashu,

Thanks for your reply. When you say "Enterprise Archive Project" do you mean "Enterprise Application Project"?

I have an Enterprise Application Project (which builds the ear) and a Web Module Project (which builds the war file). I am able to build, deploy and run the Enterprise Application on the local server.

When I choose Run --> Debug..., I would expect to see the Enterprise Application Project listed. Also, I do not see it listed when I choose Run --> Run either.

Roger

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

I hope you have added your webproject to the EAR project?

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The ear project references the web project.

Roger

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know how are u refering the project?

Try right click on Web project and add to EAR project.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

Thanks for your replies. I right-clicked on web project and selected Add to EAR project. However, nothing changed.

I'm not sure how one project should refer to the other. I create the projects by right clicking on the DC in the "Inactive DC's" view of the Development Configuration Perspective and selecting "Create Project". I do that for both the web DC and the enterprise DC. The projects build, deploy and run OK, so I assume the references between them are correct. Maybe there is something additional I need to do to get them to run using Run --> Debug.

Roger

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating new configuration for debug.

1. Click on the Debug (a little down arrow beside Debug icon)

2. Choose Debug option

3. Select J2EE application.

4. Click on New button.

5. Select Enterprise Application Project

6. Select JSP file.

Ashu

0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have the same problem..

Are there any hints on what to do, to make the EAR-Project visible in the debug options dialogue?

Best regards,

Manuel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

I have the same problem. Could you resolve it? If so, please share the solution.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I was facing the same problem and actually it occures for two reasons

1. Your WEB DC does not have JSP files, so if that's the case just add some dummy JSP, rebuild your EAR project which contains your WEB DC and than try to debug as J2EE App.

2. If mentioned above is not the case, please, select your EAR DC, click right mouse button and in the menu go to Properties, there check if your WEB DC is selected if not, select it and rebuid EAR again.

Hope it helps. At least I got those two situations where EAR projects were not displayed in the list for debugging.

Cheers

Aleks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

I don't think we will be able to debug J2EE project library file directly,however it could be done in other way through calling application.

In your case if you are using J2EE library DC in web project,it might have been maintained as a shard refernece in Enterpraise application project to which your Web project is added to.Now you need to put a debugging point in web applciation where there is a call to library project and start debugging of your Enterpraise applciation project.This will allow you to debug your J2EE library DC.

Hope this will be useful..

Thanks,

Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have same problem. Can any one let me know to to fix this debug issue ASAP.

Thanks

Aparna