cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes "Obsolete version implemented"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

This is regarding the implementation of note 713211. Although I have uploaded the version 0012 of this note I keep getting the message "Obsolete version implemented". Any explanations ?

Just wanted to find out how to proceed. I tried to delete the uploaded note and re-downloaded a fresh one but got the same message when I uploaded it. Would deleting the note (right click and delete) and deleting the corresponding data, cofiles that was generated as part of the upload remove the note completely from the ystem ? or is there any additional steps. Mind you I have just uploaded it and not implemented (or rather cannot implement).

Also can someone let me know if it is a standard procedure to delete the transport request (data and cofiles) generated by the note and upload the note in every system instead of transporting ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone answer my question above on OSS note implementation.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vic,

From what you described, it seems that in your system, the note was already implemented with a version lower than 12. When you upload the new version, SNOTE tells you that "obsolete version is implemeted" because a new version of an already implemented note exists. Now you have to implement the new version of the note using SNOTE. Uploading it to the system doesn't make any "real" changes in the system, you have to implement it. (SNOTE will deimplement the old version itself and implement the new one.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

This note is not yet implemented in the system, I checked them again.

Inspite of this the note has the status "Obsolete version implemented"

I tried uploading this into an alternate system and got the same message.

I am wondering if this is a issue with the note itself, in which case I may have to open a case with them OR the other option is to go ahead and implement it, which I dont think I'll do.

Thanks

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vic,

where do you get the message "Obsolete version implemented"?

In transaction SNOTE? Or in transaction SPAU?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

This is transaction SNOTE.

Regards

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vic,

You said you check if the note was already implemented before, how did you check?

Did you go in the note log? Or is it possible that the note was transported?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

For one thing the issue was not fixed and also in tcode SNOTE I do not see it as being implemented. Can you suggest what are the other ways to confirm this like you mentioned if it was already transported, alhough I do not think it was.

Thanks

Vic

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vic,

in SNOTE there is a log:

Menu --> Goto --> Log

or

CTRL+F5

Please post this one or is it empty?

Additionaly you could look at the versions of the report RSORAT6M. If there is something mentioned about a transport request.

Regards, Michael

Message was edited by:

Michael Teubner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I've already checked this log in SNOTE and this is what it says

SAP Note 0000713211

09/25/2007 13:54:51

SAP Note 0000713211 in version 0012 downloaded

09/25/2007 13:56:58

SAP Note 0000713211 in version 0012 downloaded

Thanks

Vic

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vic,

look at the versions of the report RSORAT6M. If there is something mentioned about a transport request.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I went to se38 and did a display of the program RSORAT6M and

Edit > Modification operations>Modification overview and got a result of No modifications found.

Is this the correct way to proceed ?

Thanks

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

But maybe the earliest version of this note didn't change this report...

You can just search for this note in a transport request:

se03 -> Search for Objects in Requests/Tasks -> Add a new object: NOTE 713211and search for released/modifiable requests.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

I had already tried se03 and that showed no transports for this note.

I am thinking if an earlier support pack had this correction included but I am wondering how to find this out, since the note 713211 does not show any particular support package level.

Thanks

Vic

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vic,

besides all of that:

Have you tried to 'Reset SAP Note Implementation'?

(Transaction SNOTE Menu --> SAP Note --> Reset SAP Note Implementation)

Are there any errors if you do that?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

The note I downloaded still shows up under the "Inconsistent" category in tcode SNOTE since it is not implemented. So what purpose will "Reset SAP Note Implementation" serve ?

Will it reset the original corrections if the same had been implemented through a support pack ? in which case, after this, I can download the same Note and expect it to be implemented without any issues. ?

Thanks

Vic