cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration monitor (migmon.jar) not found when installing Solman 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again all,

I am doing the installation of the database instance for Solution Manager 4.0 and at the Import ABAP step, it ends with the following error:

WARNING 2007-09-20 17:22:32

Execution of the command "/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -classpath migmon.jar

-showversion com.sap.inst.migmon.imp.ImportMonitor -dbType ORA -importDirs /u02

/sap/EXP1:/u02/sap/EXP2:/u02/sap/EXP3:/u02/sap/EXP4 -installDir /tmp/sapinst_ins

tdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/DISTRIBUTED/AS/DB -orderBy "" -r3loadExe /usr/sap/SMD/SYS

/exe/run/R3load -tskFiles yes -extFiles yes -dbCodepage 4103 -jobNum 3 -monitorT

imeout 30 -loadArgs " -stop_on_error" -trace all -sapinst" finished with return

code 1. Output:

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.2)

IBM J9SE VM (build 2.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.2 Linux amd64-64 j9xa64142ifx-200703

28 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20070327_1654_LHdSMr

JIT - r7_level20061020_1803ifx1)

The java class is not found: com.sap.inst.migmon.imp.ImportMonitor

The migmon.jar file is not present anywhere on the server. It appears that this is needed for doing system copies but why is it looking for it here since this is just a fresh installation and not a system copy? And more importantly, how do I resolve this?

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MigMon is also used during installations, don't let the name confuse you.

The MIGMON.SAR is usually on the installation master CD in path

<mount>/IM_LINUX_X86_64/COMMON/INSTALL

Do you have a MIGMON.SAR there?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the quick response. There is one in the location you mentioned and we unpacked them. Where do we need to copy these jar files?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The should be in the installation directory, so either /tmp/sapinst_instdir.... or if you called sapinst from a different directory, in that one.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Markus,

This worked! I had to unpack them to /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/DISTRIBUTED/AS/DB.

My next question is, curiously, why is it trying to run the migration monitor during an installation? That is aside from the question of why it did not unpack migmon.sar in the first place. Have you seen this before? I am wondering if it just me who had this problem.

Steve

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the first sentence of my first reply to your question

The tool to import data is called "Migration Monitor" because it was initially developed assisting on migrations of systems. Since the process itself is the same (R3load export/import), it was integrated in the installer. Don't let the name confuse you.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The name is indeed a throw-off. Thanks for you help Markus. I am gift wrapping some points for you.

Steve

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx!

It's ok if I was able to help

Does the import run now?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is running. 3 running, 2 completed, 13 waiting, 0 failed. Just what I like to see...no failures.

Steve

Answers (0)