Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life cycle planning

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am using 0material and 0ship-to in DP planning book and for doing Life cycle planning can we use 0MATERIAL and 0SHIP-TO .

My question is can i do life cycle planning using 0MATERIAL & 0SHIP-TO instead of 9AMATNR &9ALOCNO ?

please your answers are always helpfull.

Thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Kumar,

You can not use 0MATERIAL and 0SHIPTO characteristics for LifeCycle planning. Please note certain functionalities of DP are mapped to APO standard characteristics 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO. In case you want to use other characteristics like ZMATERIAL and ZLOCATION you can use Assign Product/Location option in the Planning Object Structure (goto /SAPAPO/MSDP_ ADMIN and select the MPOS, then Edit >> Assign Product/ Location).

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

somnath

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Appriciate for you answers. If we use 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO we wont be having navigational attributes. Can we please suggest me.

My question is ca i use ZMATERIAL AND ZSHIP-TO instead of 0MATERIAL and 0SHIP-TO?

Can i do life cycle planning with ZMATERIAL and ZSHIP-TO?

Please let me know.

Thanks for your great help.

Regards,

Raj

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am obviously assuming you have all the characteristics mapped as part of POS. You may have to assign a Product and Location in planning area definition to two specific characteristics. The other important thing to note is that if you plan to use LC planning at an aggregation level, you may have to implement a slew of OSS notes if you are on 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

To directly answer your question "Can i do life cycle planning with ZMATERIAL and ZSHIP-TO?", the answer is yes if you assign these characteristic to Material and Location in the PLOB. <b></b><u>However</u><b></b>, this can have big consequences on other functions in DP as ZSHIP-TO will be assigned as the location. So things like interchangeability, releases to SNP will also use ZSHIP-TO as default location characteristic. In other words, be careful.

Hope this helps.

M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends upon the release.

With v4.1 you can use custom characteristics.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It is advisable to use alwys Char or Key figs start with<b> 9A</b> istead of <b>0</b>.

Please use 9AMATNR and 9ALocno