cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get MUTLIPLE output files for SINGLE input file with multiple records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have source xml file which has multiple records in it and I want to get multiple seperate flat files for it.

this is my source structure

<root>

<Header1 fld1=1234 fld2="name1" fld3='SAP1"

fld4='000" fld5=0 fld6="sdn1"></header>...............no line items here

<Header2 fld1=123 fld2="name" fld3='SAP"

fld4='00" fld5=0 fld6="sdn" ><line fld7=value1 fld8=value2 fld9=value3 /line><line fld7=value4 fld8=value5 fld9=value6 /line></header>.....two line items here

<Header3 fld1=123 fld2="name" fld3='SAP"

fld4='00" fld5=0 fld6="sdn" ><line fld7=value7 fld8=value8 fld9=value9 /line></header>......one line item here

Header4 fld1=12345 fld2="name2" fld3='SAP2"

fld4='0006" fld5=01 fld6="sdn2"</header>.......no line items here

-

-

-

</root>

I am trying to get flat files as many time the <b>header</b> values occur that many target files should appear in the target.

file1:

1234name1SAP10000~sdn1

file2:

123nameSAp000~sdn

value1value2valu3

valu4value5value6

file3:

123namesap000~sdn

value7valu8value9

file4:

12345name2SAP2000601~SDN2

here I have 4 headers so i need to get 4 output files ,similarly for 'n' headers I need to get 'n' output flat files. the above mentioned source xml file is just one file,like that I might get somany sourc xml files which has similar structure in it.

and also it is important to get the line items,if exists to the header, for the corresponding headers.

how can I achieve this?do I need to use BPM or any mappings other than Graphical?

please suggest me.

thank you.

Babu

sorry,output file structure changed

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

Your source is fine. We can achieve it without using BPM and using simple Graphical mapping. But the main concern is give the exact output u needed as per ur source structure given.

What is that value1value2value3 where u are getting this value from the source?

Give the exact o/p needed as per ur source given, so that it would be easy for us to suggest.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

basically I have the source structure like this

<root>

header (1.....unbounded)

|

|----LINE(0.....unbounded) (note: line is substructure of heade not at the same level of Header)

</root>

so LINE items might happen or might not ,if LINE happens in the header then output flat file should have all lines(multple times depending on the number of times they occr in the source),if not then just the header values in the target structure.

any idea now?

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

Your reqmt is very clear frm the previous reply itself. I'm asking how the exact output u want? Tell the sample out structure needed so that we can suggest the target structure.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The files(1,2,3,4...) are my target files with the structure mentione under it.

file1:

1234name1SAP10000~sdn1(header only no line items)

file2:

123nameSAp000~sdn(header)

value1value2valu3

valu4value5value6(two line items)

file3:

123namesap000~sdn(header)

value7valu8value9(one line item)

file4:

12345name2SAP2000601~SDN2(again no line items ,just header)

hope clearer now.

thank you,

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

Its very clear now. As I said earlier you can achieve the above result using Graphical Mapping. The logic is receiver Multimapping. Let me suggest the mapping part so that you can go ahead with your configuration. I'll do the mapping and update the thread!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you,and please see "for every occurence of HEADER value" should give me "corresponding output flat file"

for ex.. if header happens twice then it should generate two output flat files,

if header repeats 1000 times ...1000 output flat files. like that...

thank you for your help.

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

See the Mapping and the logic.

Make sure your target message occurrence:http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1412748793&size=o

Check out for source and target structure

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1412748803&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1412748809&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1412748815&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1412748825&size=o

Results:http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1412748799&size=o

Note:

While creating Interface determination choose it as Enhanced/Extended

The Receiver Content conversion - For field separator and line separator give 'nl' , coz we concatenated all of them using ~ in mapping.

If you find any discrepancy in the above logic , please let me know.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

thank you very much for your help,I really appreciate your effort in this regard.

but

1)does this generate multiple files for every occurence of the header values?

2)"~" mentioned are just for example delimiter .but in my actual scenario I need fixed lengths.

3)and attributes you have mentioned are not mandatory they are optional in my actual scenario.

and while looking at your screen shots I got another thing in my mind ,

based on this link /people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

and approach can generate multiple target files from just one source file and I want to try without BPM.

what do you say?

thank you,

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

You can generate multiple files. Its Multimapping concept. You will get as many files as header.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

are you talking about the approach in the link

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

or in your approach?

if you are talking about the link then ,can I achieve my target mutliple files without BPM or do I need BPM?

thank you,

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

You can follow the approach which I suggested, hope fully if i'm not wrong!!

Babu, Multimapping will split the messages and send it to the receivers as separate message. If you don't want to concantenate then use the concept for splitting the messages alone and do the rest in content conversion. It's like normal File to File, only thing is u have to choose Extended Interface determination.

Start and give a try, if it doesn't helps, let us know. You can't use Multimapping for IDOC/HTTP rest all the receivers can use Multimapping.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPM required? or can I just split the messages with multimapping?

thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No BPM required Babu!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am able to get the just one out put xml file for the multiple header values ,but it able to split the structure in the required format when I have done the map as shown in the link,not able to convert into multiple flat files.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13958044@N06/1417550095/

and I have used just standard interface determination.when I tried to use Enhanced Interface determination it doesn't give me any input values,greyed out.

so I tried to change the MM and go to Message tab and then changed my target occurence to 0---unbounded and it inserted "message1" in the map,I dont know why.at this point also it doesnt give me any in the interface determ.greyed out.

with standard Inter Determ ,it gives just blank valu in SXMB_MONi after MM step.

and I have defined my target structure just one MT with substructures in it,do I need to define MTs like header_Mt,clm_MT,clm_ln_MT seperately and if so how can I incorporate them into one Message map?

I think I am doing some where wrong.

please guide me..

thank you,

babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

See, the reason purposefully Noted in the image is to make the target occurrence to 0..Unbounded. Please do that for target message. Also where its grey out? In Interface determination? If yes Its not grey out choose the help icon You will get ur mapping over ther.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>the reason purposefully Noted in the image is to make the target occurrence to 0..Unbounded

if I do that it inserts another level like "Message1" just below the top node in MM ,is this ok?

yes ,in the Interface determ its greyed out.even it doesnt give me any input when I use help option.

what about my target structure is that ok,if I create the structure as one and substructures?

and in the map I make occured the MT to repeate as many times as my header occures in the source by mapping between them.

thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>if I do that it inserts another level like "Message1" just below the top node in MM ,is this ok?

Yes Its ok. But while testing when u keep the source file in the folder you need to remove the Messages element from the file. That we can see later.

Ok the next thing did u changed the occurrence for Interface mapping too? Please change the occurrence for target Interface in Interface mapping. Now try it, I'm sure you will see the interface mapping in Interface determination.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu, try this, will also work:

create multiple inbound interfaces (on receiver side). create mapping for each - one (always the same source interface to one target).

In Configuration:

For each file create independent file receiver adapter.

Create multiple interface determination - each for each file.

Create multiple receiver agreements. (each target interface, other file receiver adapter).

Other objects are same as in simple scenario.

This approach let's you create multiple files and each can have different structure, because of separate receiver adapters.

Peter

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

If you do the above way then whats the use of Multimapping? Also if he wants to create 100 files then do u want to create 100 comm.channels is it?

Please provide ur insight on this..

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

yes,I am able to see the IM in the inter Determ after changing the occurences in IM 0---unbound.thank you for that.

but I gor the error like "Split mapping created no messages" in SXMB_MONI at MM level.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

I don't know how u did the mapping? Can u confirm whenu run the test in message mapping u are getting the desire output. Babu see u need to split the message on root node level. I mean as many headers are there as many root messages needs to be created. As I discussed in my earlier messages.

Can u show the result message of the Test message results in Mapping editor.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

please look my target output requirement ,my first messages.

we can get the multiple message,but it creates different files with for each target MI we create.

lets say ,i have header(1--unbound)

| Trailer(0--unbounded)

I can create a o/p files one for header and other for trailer but that is not my requirement,

I want multiple files as many times as header occures,containing both header values as well as trailer values,multiple trailer values if header has multiple trailer values.

may be confusing..difficult to explain in words though.

what do you suggest now ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I am trying different options with the message mapping.I will update .

looks like going to work out.

Update:

Raj it worked,I could able to generate multiple files as many times as the header line occurs.but,is there any way I can add key field values to the header and line values in the receiver file adapter?cos,I want to differentiate the header and the line values,at the beging of the values, in the output files by specifying some key(01 etc) or a value?

I can add an extra field in the inbound interface and hard code something like HEADER,LINE(assign CONSTANT function in MM) ,but can we handle key field in the receiver file adapter too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj, if u want to create 100 files of 2 types, u need only 2 communication channels. Of course, if u want to create 100 different fule types, u have to create 100 comm channels. However, this way u can produce different file types (diff struct) from 1 source message. With multimapping & 1 comm channel u cant. You'll have to always foolow this 1 struct.

Peter

p.s. however, ur right, in this case this isn't the right solution

Message was edited by:

Peter Jarunek

Former Member
0 Kudos

infact req changed from what I have asked in the "UPDATE" above.

now,we want to get target files like this ,for the above corresponding source values

file1:

1234name1SAP10000~sdn1

file2:

123nameSAp000~sdn

LINE01value1value2~valu3

LINE02valu4value5~value6

file3:

123namesap000~sdn

LINE01value7valu8~value9

file4:

12345name2SAP2000601~SDN2

I opened another thread for that

even the problem in the link solved

thank you,

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I have one question related to this closed thread (some time back)

if I have receiver IDOC/HTTP then we cann't use Multi mapping ,without BPM.

but can we use multi mapping with BPM if we have IDOC/HTTP receivers?

I think we can right?

thank you.