cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC(Sender)-XI-RFC (Request) RFC (Response)-XI-JDBC(Receiver)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

JDBC(Sender)-XI-RFC (Request)

RFC (Response)-XI-JDBC(Receiver).

Need some solution for sending email for successfully completion of scenario after updating SQL DB Table.

Let me explain the scenario:

We are pooling the SQL DB table to pull the records and map the records to RFC request parameters, after successful Posting the entries in R3 HR, RFC response contain the same with E (Error) S (Success) records status, we are updating the same in SQL DB table, I implemented the complete scenario without BPM with the help of module processor in Sending JDBC Adapter, scenario is working fine but now we have to send the successful mail to our support team with status contain Number of success, Error and total records as email.

I need the solution how to implement the same requirement in current scenario.

Is their way to do something with the RFC receiver adapter module addition to send the successful mail or generating Alert with all the description?

I am at PI 7.0 SP12 with HP unix box.

Thanks in Advance for creative idea

With Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil

I guess one option is to have a UDF in your Response Mapping.This UDF will trigger a Alert as I have shown in my blog which can be forwarded as a Email.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your help and your blog is really helpful. I implemented the UDF for generating Email Alert but this alert is generating before Updating the SQL Database, is their any way to generate alert after updating the SQL.

Actually in my scenario we are sending the data from SQL to R3 by RFC and again updating the SQL status whatever the RFC return, after successfully updating SQL we need to send success email to support people but if we are sending the email before updating the DB then their will be problem.

JDBC receiver after updating the SQL DB returns the response with No. of row updated but how to capture this response, if we can capture this response then we can send email through email adapter even their is one more problem, In my scenario I am counting the number of rows with status “S” and “E” and sending the same in alert email but if are sending email after updating the SQL DB where can hold the row count value and use it while sending the email.

Implemented the scenario without using BPM..i am using sender JDBC module processor for Syn-Asyn bridge.

Even I do not find the link to reward point. Please let me know how to do it.

With Regards

Sunil

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I guess the best way to do this in this case is to use a BPM.

Use A Send Step with Trasnport Ack to check if the Update to the database happened and if yes, send the emai..The send can be synch or asynch as you want it depending on your requirements.

Without a BPM, you cannot do much here.

Regards

Bhavesh