Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop/network userid in WD4A ?

former_member210967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

With using BSP it is possible to get youre desktop/network user-id from the client. In WD4A this is probably not possible because it is not allowed/possible to include javascript. Even the methods of class frontendservices is not possible because we don't have an SAPGUI when running the WD4A application.

Regarding this is there someone who has found out an tric to pass this problem ? Please let me know. I needed it for mine application.

Greetings, John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210967
Participant
0 Kudos

We run the WD application via an iview in an portal. Via this way we can catch the network user-id via an parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John!

There is an interface IF_WDR_CLIENT but as the name WDR says it is not released for official use. But maybe it can halp you.

And I have not already found out how to instantiate the relevant classes to access this f..interface.

I am an "old MVC BSP developer" also and I think WDA has some very good sides BUT the restrictions and limitations compared with BSP almost kill me ... I am very sure, that in very, very much cases where the customer requires some things at a certain point in time you will delete your WDA application and start to develop a BSP from scratch giving you and me back the freedom and flexibility a web application developer needs ...

I think for experts SAP has to open up much(!) more chances for developers to manipulate the request/response cycle, the HTML coding and ESPECIALLY has to open a door to embed own javascript into the HTML site before the response is sent ...

Your opinion?

Regards,

Volker