cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

This is the issue I have in production. We have multiple line items, 32 in specific. These are all BOMs. Every parent material has one child attached. The child material have the 'made to order' blocks. The logic of the process is that the parent material should not create deliveries unless the blocks on child material are removed. However in some cases the parent materials are creating deliveries when the child material has not been packaged. Please advice.

Thanks,

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the setting at item category level

Packing control it should be A (must be packed ).

Hope this will solve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say item category level setting, where is this? I have looked in IMG > item categories. There it doesn't have any packing control.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about the packing control in delivery. How does it affect the delivery that is being from sales order? All we need is, if the child material is not confirmed, packaged then the header material should not create the delivery. The delivery should happen only when the child material is packaged.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can create delivery group in VOV7 by selecting the Item Categories. Hope this will give you some idea to solve your problem further.

Reward points if so

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I did check into the mentioned settings. Everything looks good. I strongly feel this is master data issue, since the issue (error) in production is inconsistent. I did try comapring the material in question with the ones that got through ok.However, I am unable to solve the issue. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

In Material Master record-Classification view check congign..

In 0VLK/0VLP check packing related settings...

Are you maintaining MMRs for packaging Materials?

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL....

Regds

MM