cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart SM58 entries with RSARFCEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

In IDoc scenarios we often have messages stuck in SM58 on XI if the receiving system cannot be reached due to temporary errors like network problems or unavailability.

According to SAP Help the program RSARFCEX restarts unsuccessful tRFC calls so I have scheduled it it as a job. The job is running successfully but it never restarts entries with temporary errors from SM58. When I try manually using SM58 -> Execute LUW the message goes through. Any ideas what I might have configured wrong?

Regards, Tanja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor

Tanja,

I have never scheduled this report but I have used this report to trigger the message stuck in SM58 ( for mass restart of many Idoc's ) and it works fine.

The next time you get this issue, try to restart the TRFC's by executing this report from Se38 instead of saying Execute LUW from SM58. If the report triggers the call and things work, then the Report scheduling has an issue. Maybe report is not scheduled properly or the user has not authorizations. Check for dumps in St22 etc or best thing get a ABAP / SAP expert to see if report scheduling has any issues.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh!

Thanks for your answer. Actually I have also tried to run RSARFCEX from SE38 and then everything was working fine. But the thing is I do not want to log on to all of our XI systems and do this manually, I want to schedule an hourly job that takes care of this automatically.

No RSARFCEX related errors are visible in ST22 and I have also checked the job setup with other people but until now nobody was able to find a problem with it.

Regards, Tanja

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am clueless beyond this I tried scheduling a job once and failed miserably at it and thereafter never had the authorizations on any server I have worked on..

Maybe posting wat you did on the Basis / ABAP forum with respect to the job scheduling should give you a better answer.

Just my 2 cents!

Regards

Bhavesh

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja,

Just give a try to reschedule the job in the background.

First delete the released jobs and try scheduling it freshly...

Just confirm the steps once again:

1) Go to s38 and give the program name

2) click on the program in the tool menu

3) Then execute --> Background --> schedule --> schedule periodically

Give the details about how periodically u want to execute the program.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Answers (0)