cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing of the Table & Paginator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have webdynpro application which displays a table and i need to print the table. Can u suggest me a method how to print the table on click of button.

Also, can some one tell how to use the paginator in the table which is getting displayed, i want to say display 10 rows at a time.

Thanks and Regards

Srikant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

For the question "can some one tell how to use the paginator in the table which is getting displayed, i want to say display 10 rows at a time"

1. Click on the table in the view

2. Go to the properties

3. In the property visiblerow count give 10.

For the question " how to print the table on click of button"

There is no direct functionality where you can print the contents of the table. Instead you can use Browser Print functionality. I understand you do not get all the rows printed but that is the easiest way.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NagaKishore

the display of the no. of rows worked out for me, but i would like to know about the print functionality where say can print all the data on the table and nothing else.

the browser functionality which you are speaking about is mainly to do with printing of all the content displayed on the web page. I need only one specific data on the table.

Thanks in advance

Srikant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could display the table in a separate "Print" mode (or in a separate view) with Table.visibleRowCount = -1.

This will show all table rows and you can use the browsers print functionality.

Export to Excel is also an option, you don't need to use an Excel API, exporting XML does also work for newer Excel versions (like Excel 2003).

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Mr. Bertram Ganz tutorial on "Exporting context data to Excel using WebDunpro cache".

Check this weblog.

You will find it their.You can even download a working model of it.

/people/alfred.barzewski/blog/2005/07/27/new-samples-and-tutorials-for-web-dynpro-programming

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Maybe you can export all the data in the table to excel and then take the print of the data. Check this post on how to achieve it

Reagrds,

Jaydeep