cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Java 5 ver of Netweaver Studio be available for general release?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I can't find anything that says when the new release of Netweaver Studio will become available for general release.

I see that there are downloads of previews available and I know the product is in rampup. What I'm trying to find out when a production version will be available for customers who are NOT on rampup.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

as always, this is a matter of where we are with development. Ramp up is a phase where we allow customers to work productively with the software, but be sure we have only limited number of users to be able to handle any upcoming incidents.

Once we're sure enough, we announce unrestricted availability. Usually the period is about 6 month. This means that the planned general availability is around end of this year.

Please be aware of the little word planned. This means that SAP could also shift the date to whatever seems appropriate.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Benny. Where would I look for latest information about the status? In other words, how will I know when rampup is over?

Also, is the preview version of 7.1 the same version as is being tested in rampup now?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

David,

availability of CE will be publicly announced on our web pages. There is a new program coming up at the moment, the SDN Subscription program, which will also have to do with it:Have a close look for it and you'll get the details.

As fas as I know we are pretty close with the latest version in ramp up. But it is not in the politics to always put the latest service pack into previews.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benny!

Answers (0)