Did you mean: 

Accessing Messages having Scheduled Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having following requirement:

Periodic Notifications have to be sent via email for following messages:

1. Messages which are in error

2. Messages which are in scheduled status for more than two hours.

I dont have any problems with messages having error status. I could use function module SXMB_GET_MESSAGE_LIST. However, I am not sure if this module would return the messages that are in Scheduled status.

Kindly confirm this and also provide inputs on what could be alternative solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Bhavish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want instantaneous email's for Error messages I guess you can use Alerts. But if you want a collaborated mail message then,

1. Push the alert triggered by a XI to a Database. This can be done by triggering a HTTP cal l in the ALRTCATDEF for your alerts to XI and then making a insert to a DB. Write a independent procedure on the database that reads the values from the table and forwards this as an Email etc

2. Write a report in XI and schedule the same. This will look got error message and then forward the same to the appropriate mail id.

For messages stuck in Queue etc, the only way ( as far as I know ) is to configure CCMS and monitor XI queues using CCMS.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Even I am planning to write a report. There're master tables SXMSPMAST and SXMSPMAST2, which have all the message data stored. Using RFC SXMB_GET_MESSAGE_LIST, message list could be populated. However, I could not verify if messages stuck in queue are also maintained in same tables. This is because there are no messages currently stuck in queue in system.

Alternatively, is there a way to have messages blocked up in a queue for test simulation purpose?

Thanks,

Bhavish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just love this. Creating errors..

Try a File - IDOC scenario and in the receiver IDOC channel use a invalid user id /pwd.

One of many ways....

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could stop all of the XI queues.

Cheers

Colin.