cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAProuters in line to OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an interesting situation that might work but at the moment doesn't...

The connection from the SAP-system to OSS is as follows:

1. SAPserver --> unencrypted to

2. Local SAProuter --> with password to

3. Remote SAProuter --> with SNC to

4. SAProuter at SAP

The link between 1. SAPserver and 2. Local SAProuter works.

The link between 2. Local SAProuter and 3. Remote SAProuter gives an error when testing the connection in SM59:

"timeout, return code -93", "timeout occured / LB: Unexpected error in LG layer".

The link between 3. Remote SAProuter and 4. SAProuter at SAP using SNC works (yes, it's been tested).

For those interested in helping me with this problem the setting in the RFC destination:

/H/192.168.16.5/S/sapdp99/W/

/H/{public IP of 3.Remote SAProuter}/S/sapdp99

/H/147.39.131.34/S/sapdp99

/H/oss001

Ideas anyone?

Please?

Kind regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, with the help of SAP-support (Vielen Dank, Birgit!) I got it to work:

The routing between the SAProuters must be OK.

The first SAProuter in the chain as seen from SAP is registered at the General Tab of the System Data at SAP Service Marketplace.

The second SAProuter as seen from SAP is registered at the Database Tab under Additional SAProuter !

When using application servers you must also register the Second SAProuter under Additional SAProuter.

The routerstring used when opening the Service Connection must include BOTH SAProuters in the correct order as seen from SAP .

Quite simple really.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Although quite old - do YOU have a censored line of saprouttab and route strings for other users reference please?

We want to set up the same saprouter constellation (1 saprouter in DMZ, 1 in intranet).

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I did't get what is this? " /H/oss001" in your RFC settings?

Can't you cut down one router?

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hariprasad,

the "/H/oss001" was entered in the RFC destination by changing the parameters with transaction OSS1 -> Change parameters.

Un fortunately it is not possible to remove a SAProuter since the 2.Local SAProuter cannot connect to the internet, in the firewall there is a rule that the two SAProuters can connect to each other. Company Policy i'm afraid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to use two SAProuters at my site to connect to OSS and how ?

Thankx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know what is your specific problem but I can assure you that it is possible to use 2 saprouters at your site.

We do it : we have one saprouter in the DMZ and one in the internal network.

So, it is easier to manage the firewall rules.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

There is a good documentation in the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/4f/992d39446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

I suggest you better open a message to SAP.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

Is it possible for you to post the saproutetabs and a /H/host string (censored of course) for me as a reference?

Thanks in advance,

Martin