cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Local PO to backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running SRM5.0 in classic scenario.

Is it possible to create POs in SRM and transfer a copy to backend and print it from here??

We don't want to switch to extended classic.

Best regards

Jesper

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jesper

Why don't you just print the PO directly from SRM ?

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith

Then we have to create two scripts - one in backend and one in SRM.

We also want to give the goods receipt people the possibility to receive the order in backend. And at last, we have electronic invoices configured in backend.

/Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jesper

This can't be done. You'll have to implement the badi "BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI". This will allow you to switch extended on and off depending on your requirements. (Product type, Product or Product category).

A display-only version of the PO will then be sent to the backend where it will then be printed and can then be receipted via MIGO.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith

It is this scenario with the display version I want to be able to process in backend.

As I understand you the badi "BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI" can control if the system transfer a copy to backend depending of fx the product type.

We only want to transfer POs for direct ordering to backend (stock materials) and give the purchasers the possibillity to use the catalogs.

Thanks

Jesper

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

All you mention is available through ECS scenario with some development (print...).

Why don't you want to use ECS ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann

I have found some problems with ECS.

If you need to get a stock reservation in R/3 with extended classic, you will have to switch back to classic scenario for the particular category or product with a dedicated BADI ("Control extended classic "), if this is the case I have to develop some changes anyway.

I have 1 purchase org, 13 CC, 600 departments and 500 purchasing groups. As I understand I must create a lot of local organizations (purchase org and - groups) if I switch to extended.

The purchasing people want to order MRP generated requisitions in SRM but I can't see the advantage to do this because of the missing tools in SRM (MRP list, stock requirement list and so on). We are upgrading to ECC6.0 and from this you can now link the catalog to R/3 purchase requisitions and - orders and the catalog is the reason for creating PO's in SRM.

Furthermore I was told that many big companies has gone back from extended scenario to classic because of many problems in extended.

/Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we do use the scenario where a copy of the SRM PO is sent to the backend and then printing/sending it from there. This is only a copy in R/3, so whenever we want to change something in the SRM PO we have to change it from SRM and then the changes are transfered back to R/3.

Is this kinda like the setup you request, Jesper?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

Yes, this is what I want....

Do you use badi BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI to transfer (copy) the PO to backend??

Regards

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej Jesper.

Yes, we used the BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI to do it, so I don't think you can accomplish your goal without using the extended classic scenario. We also take care or our invoicing in the backend and the GR can be processed either from SRM or from R/3, so I think it sounds like the solution you are also looking for.

Mvh

Dennis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Classic sceanrio,this is not possible.The badi "BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI" can be used to code your own data that will determine conditions where ECS is to be used.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.