cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock a client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I want to lock a client for a period of time. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance

venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete the client from SCC4. It only deletes the entry from T000 Table. Once you want the client back you have to recreate the Client. This is generally used for Temporaray locking.

Note: If you delete the client in scc5 , it is permananent client delete. You cannot get it back.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarlu,

In real scenario ,we r not to try the client lock or delete, but it is possible by lock the Client Functions temporally

those r

SCCR_LOCK_CLIENT (Lock)

SCCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT (Unlock).

in this Situation DDIC & SAP* Users r worked only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can try tp command

tp locksys <SID> , but it will lock the wholem system , only sap* and ddic are allowdwd to login .. you can unlock it by

tp unlocksys <SID>

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarlu,

There is an alternative for what you want to do. Instead of locking the client, you could lock the users in that client, so they dont have access to the client for a period of time (until you unlock them again).

Log in the client you want to restrict. Go to trx SU01. Choose in the menu Environment - Mass changes. In user selection section press button 'Address data' and enter. Select all the users you want to lock. You may not want to block sap*, or the admin user so you still have access to the system :). Select them and then press Transfer. Once all the selected users appear in the first screen, you can select all of them again and press the button to lock them. After this, users wont be able to login in that client anymore.

I dont know exactly why you want to lock the client, but there is another option in trx STMS. Press button 'System overview' and choose the system you want to lock. Then press the lock button to lock the system.

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all

Message was edited by:

venkateswarlu chiluveru

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. this is not a SAPGUI question.

2. what you want cannot be done with standard SAP. you wil lened an ABAP program.