cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic receiver determination for synchron interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to use dynamic receiver determination for a synchron scenario.

The problem is, that the interface 'ReceiverDetermination' (http://sap.com/xi/XI/System SAP BASIS 7.00) is a asynchron interface.

This leads to an error when activating the Interface-Mapping (synch source Interface -> asynch destination Interface ReceiverDetermination)

Is there a way to use the dynamic receiver determination for synchron interface?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I guess your scenario is not possible ASIS, since XI doesn't support 1:n for sync interfaces (and even if your mapping condition reduces it to 1:1, actually it is still 1:n, since your receiver list is unbounded).

Theoretically, you could make it work with BPM, though.

But I've never worked with a Receiver Determination Step reading from an enhanced receiver determination in ID (though there should be no problems).

Use sync async bridge, then use receiver determination step to obtain the receiver from an enhanced Receiver Determination. Pay attention that this enhanced receiver determination is a dummy one, using a mapping from your async abstract interface to the ReceiverDetermination interface. Once your mapping has determined the receiver, the enhanced receiver determination will return that receiver to the Receiver Determination step in the BPM. Then use this receiver in the sync send step (in mode receiver from receiver list, not from context).

The receiver determination of the actual sync send step may be a standard one, with the several receivers there (even if there are several there, at the moment of the sending, only one will be used).

Maybe it will work, maybe not.

Just try it.

Regards,

Henrique.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

have you tried this?

Did it work?

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did u design it Thomas ? I have a similar scenario where i get org code by which i have to lookup SAP instance and then map to SAP instance.

i tried to see whether there is a way out for this without BPM a i dont see a way becoz in classic Receiver detemination you only can assign condition based on source msg and since its a sync scenario enhanced is not possible.

i used BPM but performance is around 10sec thats shoddy for a service. any inputs please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a way to define a normal determination (an realy huge one).

Thank you the blog and way to solve such a problem, but in my case I want to avoid using a BPM

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever fits you better.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

If BPM is allowed in your scenario, then this blog gives the solution.

/people/robin.schroeder/blog/2006/11/15/using-dynamic-receiver-determination-with-sync-interface

Regards,

Hui

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

check out Robins blog:

<a href="/people/robin.schroeder/blog/2006/11/15/using-dynamic-receiver-determination-with-sync-interface">Using Dynamic Receiver Determination with Sync Interface</a>

Regards,

Udo

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool,

I'd never read that blog but it describes the exact same solution I've described.

Regards,

Henrique.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wrote,

(synch source Interface -> asynch destination Interface ReceiverDetermination)

This has no sense. The interface mapping must belong an synch or asynch commnication with sync or asynch interfaces, its no possible to mix sync and asynch interfaces.

Ragards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly this is my problem the interface 'ReceiverDetermination' is an asychron interface and I want to use it (respectively the dynamic receiver determination) in a synchron scenario