cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am saving customer master (internal number range), system generating number range like 5000211,500216and 500221 instead of giving 500211,500212 and 500213.why system generating like this?

pls reply.........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because buffering is done in the number range object for the customer master. You may find this in field "No. of numbers in buffer" in Customer Master Number Range Object settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its due to No range Increment in number range object buffer

You can resolve by Proceed as follows:

- Start Transaction <b>SNRO </b>and enter the affected object.i.e <b>DEBITOR</b>

- Choose the pushbutton 'Change'.

Set Buffer as 0 or

- Deactivate buffering: Choose 'Edit' -> 'Set Up Buffering' -> 'No Buffering'.

- If you only want to change the buffer size, enter the corresponding value in the field 'No. of numbers in buffer'.

- Save the changes.

Please note that this change is a modification. The modification is overwritten as soon as the affected number range object is redelivered - in other words, you must check the change manually each time you import a release.

Object for Customer Number Ranges is DEBITOR.

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

If you are assigning the internal Number Ranges. the system will give the internal Number once you save the Customer as per the No. Range.

As you said you created customer like 5000211 and the next customer No. would be 5000212. But in between that if some other user is creating another customer with the same Account group for which your Number is assigned then he will get the Next Number like 5000212.

Hope this clarifies your doubts and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same on a previous project. It's the an internal numbering which is not consistent. I thougt it was not possible to change this, but I can be wrong...