cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the java files which created by Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I create a new project under Web Dynpro, there is no any java file is generated.

Now I create a new application in the project with the following names:

application name: QuizApp

package name: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.quiz

component name: QuizComp

window name: Quiz

view name: WelcomeView.

Now, 5 java files are generated under the package:

QuizComp.java,

WelcomeView.java,

QuizCompInterface.java,

QuizInterfaceView.java

QuizCompInterfaceCfg.java

Can someone tell me what do these file mean? For what purpose?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since SAP uses both ABAP and Java as languages for the delivery of its application software, any development framework used by SAP must be able to accommodate both the requirements and the idiosyncrasies of these languages. It made little sense to have one design methodology for ABAP based applications and another for Java; therefore, a common structural concept was developed to lie at the heart of all Web Dynpro development. This common structural foundation is known as the “Web Dynpro Metamodel”, and acts a language neutral specification for both the visual appearance and development structure of a Web Dynpro program.

Using the Web Dynpro tools, you are able to design the main structural and visual parts of a business application in a manner that is largely independent of the implementation language. Much of this design takes place using declarative programming techniques. At design time therefore, you may declare

Once the metamodel has been defined, a significant proportion of the application coding can be generated by the Web Dynpro toolset. What remains for the application developer to do, is write the coding that responds to user interaction from the front end, and subsequently interacts with some backend system.

thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand what you said here. But for what use are the 5 java files I mentioned above? Why not just 4 or even 3 java files?

I think these 5 java files have certain relation to the structure of Web Dynpro to do. Can someone explain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)QuizComp.java -

this is the source file for whatever you code inside the Component Controller ,

2)WelcomeView.java -

you get one java file for each view you create,

3)QuizCompInterface.java -

represents the public "face" of your component. If this webdynpro DC is used by another DC, the other DC can only "see" the methods present in this java class

4)QuizInterfaceView.java -

this is to represent your view assembly (window and any views as part of it) when you want to embed UI of this DC in another DC

5)QuizCompInterfaceCfg.java -

(advanced concept)

P.S: A java file is created for each Custom controller you create also. And many other classes get created too (which probably you dont need to bother about) but they require for WebDynpro concept to function properly i.e a framework

Hope that clears things.

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

What does DC mean here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Software components (SCs) combine development components (DCs) into larger units for delivery and deployment.

• Every top-level component must be assigned to exactly one software component.

• Child components always belong to the same software component as their parent.

• The assignment of DCs to SCs is not static and may change over time.

• SCs cannot be nested into each other.

<b>DC</b>

Development Components (DCs) combine functionally-related development objects in reusable groups. Dependencies are defined at DC level. DCs are the units the CBS builds. The names of DCs determine the hierarchy of the folders in the DTR; they cannot be changed.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Development Component.

Additional Reading

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/9c4940d1ba6913e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Ayyapparaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please refer

Regards

Abhijith YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand what you mean. Your thread links to upper site.