cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have got a requirement from my client like ,"Duplicate Vendors in Vendor repository to be removed or updated". The validation rules ables us to identify the duplicate entries but those cannot be deleted or updated.Further in the assignment rules I could not able to make a formula that fits with the requirement.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shibaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi An,

Thanks for the help.Could u please explain the solution in detail please.

Regards,

Shibaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibaji ,

Pls go throught the how-to guide How to Identify Duplicate Master Data Records using MDM Import Manager . you can update your customised filed to be deleted or group them or play around.

However best could be using auto-merge facility, cause it is as god as deleting yet the deleted info is not lost.

I will try if can use Mask for putting selected records to be deleted afterwards.

Hope this helps,

- An

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shibaji,

you should have a look at the matching capabilities of MDM. Usign the matching mode you can search for duplicates within your repository and merge them into one single record.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibaji,

you cannot delete records using validation/assignment functionalities. You can made up a job that periodically makes the work for you. Checks duplicates and delete them.

Regards,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibaji ,

You can have a new flag field to be deleted . Update this flag for the Duplicate Vendors . With the help of this flag , you can even delete records later if required .

Hope this helps ,

- An