cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer message to node SMTP due to connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are some issues in sending Email from SAP (CRM 4.0)to exchage server.

This was working fine before when we have connected to exchage server 2003.

Now we would like to connect to our Exchange server 2007(new server :test server) and test the same functionality and we are having some issues with it.

The port 25 has been opened in exchage server for sending mails from SAP and SMTP configuration is also done by following the Snote 455140 (for both receving and sending).We are in the porcessing of setting routing rules on exchange for receiving emails but for sending all the settings were done but getting teh following error when i send message from SAP

Diagnosis

Due to a technical fault, the system could not set up a connection to the RFC destination Check port and mail server for SMTP nodes. Therefore, the message could not be transferred to node SMTP.

System response

The system was unable to transfer the message.

Additional information of the node used (in the system language of the node):

Procedure

Check the connection from R/3 to node SMTP. Perhaps the node is not assigned to the correct RFC destination. If so, correct this in Customizing.

Otherwise use RFC destination management to check the RFC connection to destination Check port and mail server for SMTP nodes.

If R/3 is in productive operation, it is advisable to reroute provisionally to another node.

You should therefore notify your system administrator.

Please let me know if you have any clue on this error

Appreciate your response

Thanks,

Vadi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As the error message says check if the configuration of the SMTP node is correct in transaction SCOT.

Check also in transaction SMICM, if SMTP is activated.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply

SMTP settings are intact and SMTP service is active in SMICM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know which RFC destination the message is talking about ?

On my R/3 4.7 system where we use SMTP with Exchange, we don't have ant RFC destination configured for the SMTP node....

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also dont see any RFC destination for the same and didnt maintain any RFC destination in other SAP systems where it works fine.

I think some thing else is missing.

Any way thanks for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This problem has been resolved by adding relay information on Exchage server.