cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form values in subsequent layers of VC based UI wizard are not refreshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i am just about to develop a wizard based UI for an custom ess application with the VC and now i face a strange phenomenon.

I got two layers each containing a form. Both forms have a dropdown list with the same contents. The logic is, that in the first step, users can select a value from the dropdown list which is then supposed in the second step to be displayed in the second DD box.

This works fine when users run through the form for the first time. But when a user switches from the second step back to the first (by a "back" button) and changes the value in the first dropdown box and goes then back to the second step, the value in the second dd box is not refreshed and remains on the previous selection.

In the form designer, i set the second dropdown to take over the value from the first form, but it did not work. I also tried to store the selected value from the first form in the data store and load the value for the second DD from the data store, also without a result.

I guess this is a bug in VC implementaion, is this possible? We are using EP 7.0, SP12 on a RedHat OS.

Is there a workaround for this? Any help will be rewarded!

Thanks in advance & cheers,

Thilo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilo

I have encountered the same problem and the turn around solution which could help you is using layers of tabstrips which will have a "Next/Submit" button which will update the the 2nd tab. The moment you change the values in drop down in the 1st tab and say submit it will be reflected in the 2nd tab.

Have look at the following link:-

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tautlenavo/photo/294928804433476733/2

Helpful thread:-

Cheers

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using an expression box and set the value based on the other field this should then update automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Skeats,

i am not sure if i got you right. what do you mean exactly? Should i include the expression box in the 2nd layer, fill it with the value from 1st DDBox and then refer to the expression box in the 2nd layer?

Or how did you mean it?

Thanks,

Thilo