cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns order - from sales order reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have a sales order created, when i do the returns i am able to do with reference to billing document,

Kindly tell me how can do the returns order with reference to sales order and tell me regarding the copy control also.

Screen shots will help me more - send to reshmi8019@gmail.com

regards,

Reshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One sales order can have more than one invoice. Suppose the sales order contains 10 items and because of partial billing the material was despatcehd 2 times with say 5 qty each. This resulted in 2 different invoices and thus 2 excise invoices. Now the customr may have taken cenvat credit on the excise invoice.

Now suppose an item belonging to the first invoice got rejected so accordingly the duties will reverse. This is why we create the returns sales order with reference to the billing document.

For creating return order with reference to sales order:

Go to transaction <b>VTAA</b>.

<b>For header:</b>

New entries source doc = Original sales order type

target doc = Return sales order type.

DataT - 051

DataT - 101

DataT - 001

Copying requiremnts - 001

<b>For item:</b>

select the required item category should be same for both source & target

DataT - 151

DataT - 102

DataT - 002

FPLA - 251

Copying requirements - 301

Pricing type - B

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can do the returns process with reference to sales order

the scenaario is that u have done the normal sales process like sale order- delivery--pgi-invoice and then u want t create the returns

actually returns will be created with reference to invoice but here u want that the sales returns should be dome with respect to the sales order other than the invoice

so u have to select the sales order return document

goto VOV8 and choose the return sales document and then enter the reference document field as C( which means the sales Order)

and also u have to create the copy control for these two

goto tcode VTAA

and select the target document as the return sales order and the source document as the normal sales order and then click on the header and then the item

then the process will work cool

thanks and regards

reward points if neeful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. <b>Returns Order type configuration - [VOV8]</b>

SD Doc Category = H (returns)

Reference mandatory = C - with ref to a sales order.

2. <b>Copy controls - Sales Doc to sales Doc [VTAA]</b>

Maintain the copy control between the Source Sales order type and the Target Returns order type, at both header level and Item Category level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi

Can u tell me the scenario clearly. Becos in Return orders cannot be created based on Billing. Once the customer has returned the goods, u will delivery the qty. based on the return document from the customer not based on Billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Narendran

See i have done a normal sales order to a customer which includes, SO, Del, PGI and then Billing, When we do the Sales order we get the sales order no - now i want to do a return on the basis of SALES order no, i am able to copy, but after delivery and PGR i am not able to do billing for the return order.

CAN you tell me how to proceed,

regards,

Reshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi

<b>Copy control from Delivery Doc to Billing Document [VTLF]</b>

Here you need to maintain the copy control between the Returns Delivery Doc type and the Returns Billing Type.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,