cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA real-life case studies

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SOA Consortium today published real-life SOA Case studies which are available <a href="http://www.soa-consortium.org/case-study.htm">here</a>. These case studies are categories by types of projects (proof-of-concept, Business led projects, IT led projects and Mega projects) and <a href="http://www.soa-consortium.org/cs/industries.htm">industries</a> .

The entire set is also available as a <a href="http://www.soa-consortium.org/SOA_Consortium_Business_Case_Studies.pdf">pdf</a>, if required.

SAP is a Founding Sponsor of the [url=http://www.soa-consortium.org]SOA Consortium[/url]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is very unfortunate whatever IT companies failed in all history IT enablement is still covering by polishing their product stack using any agile methodology for IT enablement of business needs created in human civilization.

What is really SOA has to do with service enabling platform such as BEA and IBM? What is the big deal some IT product vendor's people publishing these kind of document?

All I wanted to know is

1. How SOA agile methodology applied to Business Analysis to understand business needs in terms of business sub systems, business sub system functional entities, business functional entities roles and responsibilities

2. Decomposition of business needs into business functions of business sub system’s functional entities

3. Decomposition of same into business transactions

4. Decomposition of business transactions into business process.

5. Understanding and designing business transaction events and initiators

6. Design and development of business transaction business data in terms of canonical data models

7. Decomposition of business transaction processes into business process entities

8. Roles and responsibilities of business process entities

9. Mapping of point nine to same of business functional entities

10. Grouping the process entities to serve functional entities

11. Avoid duplication

12. Establish reusability at the process entity in such a way that one process entity serve multiple functional entities requirement by following their roles and responsibly to fulfill the business functional needs

13. decompose process entity into activities, task

14. decompose task and activities groups into reusable services

15. Services into different taxonomy based on their nature

16. service identification of a business process from enterprise repository and registry

17. service usage plan which lead to build, enhance, decommission or buy decision

18. service life cycle

19. Service best practices

20. Service best design

21. Service best SDLC

22. Service Quality

23. Service deployment

24. Service maintenance

25. Service policy

26. Service governance

27. roles and responsibly to do all mentioned above

28. Education

29. Mentor

30. Evaluation

31. road map

etc etc

Please stop taking cow **** and covering it with chocolate

I know personally some of the project mentioned here. I have worked with people directly or indirectly involved in that projects. Most of them, if they were not directly related to BEA, they have talked about how companies made stupids out of CTOs of these firm during our discussion in the BARs in hotels west and east and North middle corner of USA.

SOA is not building services using a vendor’s tools and showing cost reduction.

SOA is more than that and this document is not addressing it. BEA as a company has failed address business needs and eventually business alignment into IT.

Anybody can build tools based on J2EE and WS specification, it is nothing has to do with a bunch of tools and technology.

Let us talk how SOA as a design approach applied to IT enablement of an enterprise in a product independent FASHION.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is ur problem yaar? If I can see interoperability between the 1000+ applications used in my company I have no issues if it propagated by any of the ISVs. You look like an academician who has put forth a theory which the industry is not lapping up.

And if u think that this shud not be called SOA u can call it by any other name u like. But v r all talking more or less about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post is about sharing real-life use cases and your response is not relevant to this topic and nor does this rant deserve a response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogish,

Thank's a lot for sharing such good material.

Cheers,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogish,

That a wonderful piece of sharing.

regards,

Muralidhar Prasad.c

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice stuff.....Thanks for sharing this