cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping java, help please!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new in the use of XI and I'd like to make a java mapping but I don't know how to do it and how to be able to make the java IDE recognize the incoming and outcoming interfaces while I code the mapping.

I read a lot of things in this website but I didn't understand what to do...(maybe the words were too technical,I don't know).

Can someone can explain me how to do it from the beginning to the end with a short example?

How to make the java IDE (Borland JBUILDER but I can get ECLIPSE) recognize the interfaces and their structures.

What do I need to do, import or implement in the java IDE?

Where can I find a java code example for a mapping?

I hope someone will be able to answer to these qestions.

Thank you.

Christophe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

go thru the following -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm

Also these weblogs will help u.

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1947. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Also, as an example refer to the following weblog -

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

All the best!!

Regards,

Divya

Message was edited by: Divya Vidyanandan Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Divya but I already read that documents but I didn't understand everything.

Do we have to deal with the XML structure?

Can't we export the structure with "java proxy generation" and then,in the java IDE import it?

For example, in XI, for a Message Type's structure looking like:

MTName

--Row

---FirstName

---LastName

---Birthday

Can't we have in the java IDE the possibility to type something like:

MTName TEST = new MTName();

if (TEST.FirstName=="FakeName") Action();

else Action2();

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christophe,

For java mapping,you need to have aii_map_api.jar on your XI server.

To program a Java mapping, you must define a Java class that implements the Java interface : com.sap.aii.mapping.api.StreamTransformation.

After creating ur java program,zip this file along with the class file, and import it into Xi as 'imported archives' under the mapping objects.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I just tried but that doesn't give me the interface structure.

I understood before I had to export them with the "java proxy generation" in XI but once I did that,I don't know what to do...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Check these links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/java proxies and sap xi - the inside story, part 1.pdf

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/java proxies and sap xi - the inside story, part ii.pdf

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/02/25/simple-java-code-in-graphical-mapping--xi

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christophe,

Could you please be more clear .....i couldnt make out anything from your post

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me Priyanka not to be clear.

What I want is to be able to code in my java IDE without dealing with the XML structure of a file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well code in ur IDE.

Then you can import it in 'imported archives' along with the class file.

In the mapping create a user defined function which calls the java program which you have imported into XI.And finally, you can use the userdefined func in the mapping editor.

Regards

Priyanka