cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To create Transaction Iview or not to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to provide material master functionality through portal .The standard MM01 transaction will not suit our requirement we need to do some modifications .I am in a dilemma whether to create a new transaction in ABAP and integrate as transaction iview or create a webdynpro applicaiton and call the back end BAPIs.

Can some one provide the pros and cons of using one over the other.

Regards,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

webdynpro is meant for customization of UI screens according to user requirement.with transactional iview its not possible for customization.its better to go for webdynpro in your case.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

How abt the performance .. i think if we use webdynpro .. we have to make lot of BAPI calls so the application will be bit slow.. what do u say about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nethaji,

Going for Web Dynpro is a decision which you have to consider only when you need to do lot of customization(adding extra fields etc...). Otherwise it is recommended to go by standard SAP functionality.

Please check all possibilities of whteher you can achieve this within SAP transaction by customizing. Since MM01 is standard functionlity, it takes lot to build that whole functionality in Web Dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to add new fields and the screen layouts will also be different....that can be achieved in SAP by creating a Z transaction .. the only consideration i have at this point of time is the performance .. if we have to write the same functionality in webdynpro .we have to make lot of BAPI calls . which i am worried will make the application very slow . Did any one handle this kind of requirement .