cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials and Locations doesn't appear in APO - SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where there are two plants say Plant A and Plant B in R/3 and am procuring/sourcing a Material from Plant A for Assembling in Plant B. In the Material master, I've maintained the procurement type as "E" - In house manufacturing and set a Special procurement key which defines that the material is sourced from Plant A. I;ve completed the CIF and the relevant Master data for the Material and Plants have gone thru into SCM-APO as Locations and location products and Transportation Lanes. We did even create a Transportation lane manually between Plant B and Plant A.

Now I've to create Master Data Selection profile in SCM-APO (SNP) for use in CTM Profiles. When I enter the product and execute to populate dependant master data in Location Products, External Procurement and Inhouse production Tabs of the Master data selection profile TCode: : /SAPAPO/CTMMSEL, am not getting the Material and the Plant A populated in the respective tabs. Instead I get error messages - " No Source location found for Material in Plant B".

Could anyone let me know a way to resolve this. Thanks and will appreciate your help.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Not to confuse you further,

As per your Scenario.

You are procuring a material from Plant A which is manufactured at that location for Plant B which will use this for assembling and will produce the Finished Good.

Procurement Types which you need to maintain at each of these locations:

<b>Plant A--- Material A</b> which is manufactured here as <b>E</b>(Inhouse Production)

<b>Plant B--- Material A</b> which it is procuring from Plant A as <b>F</b>(External Procurement)

<b>Plant B--- Material B</b> which is the output of Plant B as <b>E</b>.

If you will put Procurement Type as E it will only try producing it and No external Procurement is possible.

Adding Further, You have to keep the MRP Type as <b>X0</b> for all product-Location Combinations which are planned in APO.

Make changes accordingly.It should solve your problem.

Regards,

Manjit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam -

Have you set the MRP Type as "X0". then only that material will be planned for in APO.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if you need the special procurement key here (pl check the F1 in the APO material master for some more details)

It is used for subcontracting situations for example (with type 30)

If you maintain Tlanes it should work. Also as mentioned above, since it is between two plants, you need to fix procurement Type F or X ( E is inhouse)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any R/3 material which is not planning in R/3 whether it is inhouse or external procurement, if you want to plan in APO then you need to mark as 'X' then only APO consider as relevant for planning. Otherwise it won't come through CIF.

This is the primary change you may need to do then transportation lanes also mandatory to do for networking between plants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the Procurement type as 'X' in R/3 material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Follwing can be the reasons for this.

1. Check if the lane is blocked for this product.

2. Check if this product is marked as not relevant for SNP in product master.

Regards,

Manjit