cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I installed the solution manager for 2004s Netweaver successfully but have some questions in that process;

1. There was a screen that asked for Central SLD or create a local SLD. What does this mean. I choose the central SLD and then it popped a screen for JAVA and ABAP hostnames and portnumbers. Since I wanted everything to run in the same machine, the host name was the same but was not very clear what should be the port number.

2. My installation is only for Newteaver AS for Java with Oracle database. Duirng the course of the installation I found that lot of ABAP installation also happened for solution manager. Did I do anything wrong or this is expected

3. I checked the size of my oracle database folder. It is more than 40G. Not sure if I did anything wrong.

4. When I had to generate the id from Solution manager for the 2004s JAVA installation, I started the SAP GUI and did the SMSY transaction and got the id. but is there any JAVA equivalent to get the id.

Since I'm a newbie, please bare with me for all the silly questions.

Thanks for your answers and help particularly Prince and Novak answers to my earlier questions.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos